- Ducard's Freudian Excuse, especially in light of the actor who played him going through something similiar since the movie came out.
- It gets gets even worse in The Dark Knight Rises, when we actually see and hear the full details of the story.
- When Bruce's parents are murdered in front of him. Although the scene has been done many times, it is still saddening to see young Bruce lose his parents.
- It's continued in the two or three scenes after that. If your bottom lip isn't trembling by the time Jim Gordon tries to comfort young Bruce with the news that they've arrested the killer, then the "A little dinner" scene between Alfred and Bruce will rip the waterworks from you.Bruce: If I hadn't wanted to go ... if I hadn't ... gotten scared—Alfred: Oh, no, no, no, no. It was him. And him alone. Do you understand?Bruce: (hugs Alfred and breaks down) I miss them so much, Alfred!Alfred: (choking up and returns the hug) So do I, Master Bruce. So do I.
- It's continued in the two or three scenes after that. If your bottom lip isn't trembling by the time Jim Gordon tries to comfort young Bruce with the news that they've arrested the killer, then the "A little dinner" scene between Alfred and Bruce will rip the waterworks from you.
- Alfred has a lot of really moving dialogue in Begins that shows just how loyal and attached he really is to the Waynes.Bruce: Why do you give a damn, Alfred? It's not your family.Alfred: I give a damn, because a good man once made me responsible for what was most important to him in the whole world.
- Alfred admonishing Bruce regarding his cavalier attitude toward his public image:Bruce: We need to send these people away now.Alfred: Those are Bruce Wayne's guests out there, sir. You have a name to maintain.Bruce: I don't care about my name.Alfred: It's not just your name, sir! It's your father's name! And it's all that's left of him. Don't destroy it.
- Bruce watching Wayne Manor burn above him in the Cave below, feeling as if he just destroyed everything that ever existed of his parents and what they stood for along with it.
- After getting sprayed by fear toxin and light on fire by Scarecrow Batman is left in a traumatized state, basically in a fetal position. Even the normally unflappable Alfred has tears in his eyes when driving Bruce away from the scene.
Tear Jerker / Batman Begins