- In the queue line, there is a newspaper (titled "The Medieval Times") whose headline reads Lord Farquaad returns from the grave! Still very, very short.
- There are several posters throughout the queue line that parody both movies and Disney attractions, ex: The Enchanted Tick Room, Claws (showing Farquaad swimming in the clouds with Dragon about to strike from below), Liar Liar (with Pinocchio in the main role instead of Jim Carrey).
- In the preshow room, there is a large sign parodying the Universal Express Plus system, advertising being tortured as a theme park attraction in of itself.
- The imprisoned Three Little Pigs and Pinocchio being baffled that the audience "didn't see the movie", with the latter saying, "It's what happened after the end credits that got us all into this pickle!"
- The Pinocchio asks the Magic Mirror to tell the audience "the story". The mirror responds:Magic Mirror: Sure! [prepares] A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars-style music plays and he rises upwards in a way similar to the opening titles of same]Pig One: Oh, I love that story!Pig Two: Me too!Pig Three: It's a little bit too episodic for my tastes...Pinocchio: NO! Our story!Magic Mirror: Oh, so sorry, I've been feeling really spaced out lately...
- During Farquaad's first appearance:Magic Mirror: Lord Farquaad! My, you're looking rather...pale...Farquaad: Of course I am, I'm a ghost, you fool!
- When Donkey asks (and later attempts to guess) why Fiona is crying:Donkey: Awww, what's wrong, Princess? You shouldn't be this unhappy until YEARS into your marriage!Fiona: It's the happiest time in my life...it's just...Donkey: Oh, wait let me guess, you're overwhelmed by love!Fiona: No!...I mean, yes...but that's not why I'm...Donkey: A shrimp platter was bad?Fiona: No, Donkey! I just...Donkey: Wait, wait, I got it! You've always wanted a puppy, but all you got was toasters!Fiona: NO! I'm sitting in an onion! This carriage is one big onion...Donkey: Oh. Why didn't you say so?
- After Donkey's tail is briefly grabbed by a ghost hand:Donkey: Shrek, Shrek! I feel dead people!
- When Shrek scares Donkey, he accidentally destroys the tombstone of Humpty Dumpty, to which Shrek quips, "What a crack-up!"
- Upon seeing Farquaad's massive grave site, Shrek reprises his joke from the first film:Shrek: Well, looks like Farquaad's still trying to compensate for something. I wonder what that could be?
- Look closely at some of the tombstones at the graveyard. In one shot some of them have "COMING SOON" written on them.
- Donkey's multiple fourth wall breaks:
Donkey: I know I've seen you die in the first movie!
- At one point he is sent flying out of the carriage and towards the audience (only to be saved by Shrek), he compliments the 3-D, and later mentions to Shrek that he "just saw into another dimension!"
- And when Farquaad's ghost reveals himself:
- When Farquaad's ghost and Thelonius tie Fiona to a raft, intending to send her over a waterfall, Thelonius unties the raft with him still on it.
- Also when Fiona subsequently defeats him with a rather painful kick to the crotch.
- Donkey and Dragon going off together to go "make some waffles!"
- It's not unusual for the Team Members in the booth to tell the guests "make sure you buckle your seatbelts". Cue everyone looking at their sides and the Team Member will then say "...until you realize there ''are'' no seatbelts.
- The standard punishment for breaking the various safety rules, is that you will be flogged. The audience is coached to respond to mentions of being flogged with "OH NO!", which isn't terribly unfunny by itself. Things get hilarious if someone says "OH YES!", at which point the staffer will immediately snap back, "This isn't Fifty Shades!"
- Years ago, the coached response was "Bring it on!" YMMV if that's funnier.
Funny / Shrek 4-D