- At the beginning of Iznogoud's Birthday, Iznogoud is looking for a mysterious individual who just screamed about his ambition to be the Caliph. Cue this dialogue with a random guard:Iznogoud: Was that you who were screaming?Iznogoud: But... you just answered me!Guard (surprised): Did I? But.... then... (Beat) I AM CURED! YIPEEEEEEEEEE!Iznogoud: O, damn it, not with the crazies again!
- This from Iznogoud Finally Caliph:Archivist: Hello, Grand Vizier; my name is Vhist, and I am...Iznogoud: I bet your first name is Archie!Archivist: ... Indeed. How did you guess?Iznogoud: I'm used to lame puns.
- From Who Killed the Caliph:Iznogoud: And do you remember what your master wants to be?Dilat: Caliph instead of the Caliph, yes I know...Iznogoud: Good! Now get out of my sight! (Beat) Wait! Just to make up for it, do you happen to have an idea?Dilat: About what, boss?Iznogoud: (to the reader): Tell me he is kidding. (to Dilat) AN IDEA TO WIN THE LOTTERY, YOU DUMBASS!Dilat: Oh, then I do have an idea, boss! All we have to do is not play!Iznogoud: AN IDEA TO BE CALIPH INSTEAD OF THE CALIPH!Dilat: Well... we already know what we must not do: all we have to do is read all your previous books.
Iznogoud: Dilat! Sooner, you said we could have an opportunity today with the day of great conquest. What were you thinking about?Dilat: Nothing, boss.Iznogoud: Nothing?!Dilat: I do not know what an opportunity is, I said that randomly.Iznogoud: ... It means a possibility.Dilat: Still nothing, boss.Iznogoud: An eventuality.Dilat: Nope, boss.Iznogoud: IT MEANS THAT WHEN YOU HAVE A COMPLETELY DUMBASS RIGHT HAND-MAN, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATLY REPLACE HIM WITH... (Beat) replace! Of course! Dilat, remind me to reward you for your brillant idea!Dilat: But... I didn't have any idea, boss!Iznogoud: Mhm... True. Then REMIND ME TO PUNISH YOU FOR NOT HAVING ANY IDEA! And DON'T forget to remind me!
- In "Iznogoud Rockets to Stardom", the Caliph is excited at the idea of going to the sky but refuses to go to the marketplace because he's "not going that far".Iznogoud: YOU DON'T MIND GOING TO THE MOON, BUT YOU WON'T WALK AS FAR AS BAGHDAD MARKETPLACE??Caliph: That's right. I wouldn't be walking to the moon.
- In Iznogoud's Returns, the follow-up to "The Invisible Threat" involves Iznogoud and Wa'at being stuck invisible, and the only way to become visible again is to have a good laugh. While trying to find a solution, Wa'at suggests they try making funny faces at each other.
Funny / Iznogoud