Trafic (yes, "Traffic") is a 2004 short film from Romania, directed by Cătălin Mitulescu.
This 15-minute short revolves around a man, presumably in Bucharest, who is stuck in traffic. By his dress he seems to be a white-collar professional type. He is late for an important meeting. He also is getting persistent phone calls about his little daughter—she may, or may not, have swallowed a hairpin while under the care of her babysitter. After seething in traffic for a while, the man sees a young woman selling beverages to traffic-bound drivers like him. He makes a momentary break for freedom.
- Aside Glance: At the beginning and at the end of the film, the man shoots a look right at the camera, not directly, but through his rear-view mirror.
- Bookends: The film begins and ends with the driver shooting a look at the camera through his rear-view mirror.
- Extremely Short Timespan: It isn't Real Time but it's not far off, as the film depicts a man stuck in his car in traffic, late for a meeting.
- Kitchen Sink Drama: The frustration of an urban professional man, stuck in traffic.
- Riddle for the Ages: Well, did the little girl swallow the hairpin?
- Slice of Life: An unpleasant, frustrating afternoon stuck in traffic.