Daphne Wilder (Keaton) is the proud mother of three women: Milly (Moore), Maggie (Graham) and Mae (Perabo), and her love for her daughters knows no bounds. However, Milly, the youngest of them, always seems to pick the wrong man, so Daphne decides to act to prevent Milly from repeating the mistakes of the past. Daphne tries to achieve her goal by posting a personal ad online for Milly and causes a disaster.
It was released on February 2, 2007.
This film features examples of:
- Family Theme Naming: Daphne's daughters all have names that start with M: Milly, Maggie, and Mae.
- Happily Married: Milly's sisters Maggie and Mae both have happy marriages, which makes Milly's relationship fumbles stand out more.
- Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places: Milly tends to get into relationships at the drop of a hat and break them up just as fast, which is what triggers her mother Daphne to intervene.
- Meddling Parents: The film is about Daphne meddling with her daughter Milly's life.
- No Sympathy: Milly accidentally breaks a glass that Jason owned (and was his grandmother's, as he reveated after the fact), who immediately insulted her, and gave her the cold shoulder despite her extremely sincere and distressed apologies, including offers to buy a replacement.
- Romantic False Lead: It soon becomes clear that Jason is the one standing between Milly and Johnny, especially following his overreaction over Milly breaking a glass despite her distressed apology.