The Beaver Trilogy is a 2001 documentary directed by Trent Harris (Rubin and Ed) and focused on Groovin' Gary, an Olivia Newton-John impersonator in Beaver, Utah.
The film is divided into three vignettes. The first vignette documents Groovin' Gary's character and performance. The second vignette recreates the first vignette with Sean Penn as Groovin' Gary. The third vignette stars Crispin Glover as, once again, Groovin' Gary.
This film has examples of
- Cloudcuckoolander: Gary comes off as naive.
- Drag Queen: Groovin' Gary
- I Just Want to Be Special: Gary intensely aspires for fame.
- It Amused Me: Gary dresses as Olivia Newton-John because "it's funny".
- Mistaken for Gay: The residents of Beaver assume Gary to be gay, though he claims not to be.
- Small Town Boredom: Beaver, Utah
- Three Shorts