The 10% of Alternate Histories WORTH reading about!
- Recommended by: K 9 T Hefirst 1
- Synopsis: The British Empire conquers the world. It's especially game-y with no narrative, but by thunder it's entertaining as all get out, especially seeing the way France and Russia face off against the Super-Empire.
- Note: all the images in the thread are 404
Subcontinental Subtleties by Selzro
- Recommended by: htilden42
- Synopsis: A comedic Panjab AAR with The Order of the Stick-inspired artwork. A nice balance between narrative and self-referential gameplay segments, with a few Disney Acid Sequences thrown in for good measure.
The Republic by Mondo Potato
- Recommended by: Doc Jamore
- Synopsis: A well written narrative about the Butt-Monkey of the Americas, the United States Central America harrowing experiences trying to advert its historical fate in real life. Trying to juggle vicious internal politics, envious neighbors, foreign threats, and its own colonial ambitions, combined with the author's knowledge of history and geopolitics, create a believable alternate history that will educate as well as entertain.
- Recommended by K 9 Thefirst 1
- Synopsis: An in depth user-created mod that asks questions like: What if Duke Philip the Good of Burgundy backed Henry VI of England for the French Throne during the Hundred Years War? What if Ming China discovered the Americas? And other such questions. The result is a world with an independent Chinese nation on the West Coast of America, Japanese holdings in Alaska, a divided Russia, the Dual Monarchy of England-France, and thousands of other different changes that makes this version of Victoria utterly alien to our own, right down to changing the names of hundreds of provinces.