These are recommendations made by Tropers for Valkyria Chronicles, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.
Valkyrian Mercs Quest by Merc Command
- Recommended by Rei Kusanagi, TwixTrix
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: You are JAGER STURMFUHRER, leader of the fledgling mercenary company DEMONS OF RANDGRIZ. In addition to fighting Imps for money and vengeance, you have your own private mission to hunt down Karla, your former fiance who sided with the Imperials and destroyed your home.
- Comments: A look at the greater world of the games making a point to avoid excess contact with canon things, though he does mix in things from other games pretty well (One of the members is named Ramirez used to doing everything). It's rather dice intensive to be warned.
- Recommended by clarkkent01
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: The Empire launches a surprise attack on the Gallian border outposts, with Squad 7 caught in the middle. The start of the Imperial invasion as witnessed by Largo and Rosie.
- Comments: A prequel to the game, and the first in an interconnected series of stories by the same author. The action and the characterization are solid, with just the right blend of drama and humor to keep things interesting.
Rift, by K'Arthur.
- Recommended by Ogaiami
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: An introspective one-shot that focuses on Welkin's thoughts following the events of the first battle at Naggiar.
- Comments: The writing here is amazingly professional, with beautiful descriptions and believable dialogue. Also, even though it's written in third-person POV, the reader is made to feel extremely close to Welkin. It's angsty to be sure, but it's a good angsty.
Endwar Chronicles, by Standardised Lambency.
- Recommended by Dick Richardson.
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: An accident leaves the US Joint Strike Force teamed with the Gallians, the Russian Spetsnaz with the Imps, and the European Kommandos with the Federation. Things happen.
- Comments: Aside from punctuation errors being rampant (this is fanfiction, after all), it's... actually pretty damn good. It is currently being re-written by the author to include much more backstory from EndWar.
- Recommended by Doomship
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: A crossover Fanfic with Command & Conquer: Red Alert(specifically 1) that asks a what if question: what if the invading Imperials were replaced by Soviet Forces?
- Comments: A fairly well written fanfic that calls VC's idealism about defending your home country against superior forces into question. The Soviet leader's comments and thoughts about the Valkyrur are particually interesting and the ending and aftermath of the invasion is memorable.
- The Soviets might come off as a bit God Mode Sue-ish in how easily they roll over the combined powers of the Allies and Gallia. Not helped by the author himself stating that he loves playing the Soviets in Red Alert.
- As a general Rule Of Thumb, anything published before Valkyria Fortress, I regret making. In fact, I was remaking Red Alert in the form of the oh-so-creatively titled Red Alert Redux. Which features Friendly Soviets and a more Red Alert 3 styled take on Red Alert 1 (I even felt inclined to call Soviet Heavy tanks Anvils), but simply put I lost interest.
- Recommended by Mr Terrorist
- Status: Ongoing (author deleted original volumes and is currently working on a rewrite)
- Synopsis: March 15, 1935 The Imperial Germanian Reich invades Gallia. What follows shows that a tiny nation could best a military giant. These events will tell a story hidden in the mists of time. A story of friendship and trust, of persecution and hate, and of love blooming even in the flames of war. What follows is a record of this conflict and of those who fought, lived and died. -Jack L.
- Comments: In this Alternate Universe fanfic which combines Real Life History, the Valkyria Chronicles trilogy, Code Geass and other videogame and anime/manga characters, this massive fanfic follows OC Jack Lawrence, an American volunteer in the Gallia Militia as the country fights off an invasion by the Imperial Germanian Reich. There's also a spin-off titled The Gallian-Germanian War: The Untold Story of Squad 422 by semperfi9988 which follows another character who joins the Nameless, Gallia's Penal Legion Unit.
Soldiers Without Borders: Valkyrur, by konamikode
- Recommended by Psyckosama, TwixTrix
- Status: Was Dead, Now revived with a reboot.
- Synopsis: During the Ground Zeroes event, Militaires Sans Frontières is transported through space and time to the coast of Gallia right before the dawn of the war. This was a quest detailing their recovery and integration into the brave new world in which they find themselves.
- Comments: This is a great example of MGS done right in the background of a war that needed to be fought. All the characters come off great and it includes many moments that just warm the heart or cause the heart to pound. Just to give potential readers something to look forward to, the scene with Isara, Snake, and Kaz really captures the spirit of the games (before the series went to hell), and Big Boss's speech when they officially enter the war will curl your hair. The politics is nice too, as people react to the newcomers.
- The quest was stopped, but years later, the author took it back up under a reboot. While the prior quest was based on Ground Zeroes, since Phantom Pain wasn't released at the time, the reboot takes MGSV in as a whole. It is an absolute must-read, pulling your heart with elevated feelings and immersing you into the story of 'The man'.
- Recommended by AK47Productions
- Status: Active
- Synopsis: A Continuation Fic hosted on AlternateHistory.com that explores the world of Valkryia Chronicles twenty years after the events of the first game. By 1958 the Big Bad Imperial Alliance is reduced to a rump state with the United East Europan Socialist Republics arising from the Empire's ashes after a violent revolution that seems rather familiar, Gallia becomes a progressive technological powerhouse, and the Atlantic Federation competing with the UEESR for the title of the being the sole superpower.
- Comments: A great continuation and fan-made Expanded Universe that explores the world of Midgard through historical events that don't seem all too different from our own history.