Usagi Tsukino is an average 14-year-old girl; she goes to school, hangs out with her friend Naru, gets picked on by her brother Akira, and is pretty lousy at school. That is until her world changes when a strange woman breaks into her room and tells her that she is destined to become Sailor Moon. What follows is Usagi trying to balance her school, personal and Senshi lives all the while pining for a literal Sailor Earth. But unknown to Usagi, anything, no matter how minor, can throw everything off course.
In general, the author plans to put a focus on characters both new and old, while putting a spin on the beloved franchise. Currently, it is to last five 'seasons' of at least twenty 'episodes' (Chapters) each.
Tropes Found In Moon Soldier
- Canon Foreigner: Usagi's twin brother Akira. More are set to appear throughout the series.
- Development Hell: The initial idea came about in 2010. This is mostly due to Nyx's planning and endlessly redesigning the characters, until she decided "Screw it!" and is going into just make it as good as she can.
- Fictionary: Ancient Celestian. The author has made a chart of certain words and their translation in English.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Usagi is slightly ditzy and childish; Akira is smart and tries to be mature.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Much like canon.
- What Could Have Been: A lot of ideas were thrown around.
- Nyx flipped back and forth on if it should take place in America or Japan, making most of the characters But Not Too Foreign. She evantually decided on Japan.
- At one point it would've taken place in either the 1980s, '90s, or early 2000s.
- Inspired by Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, the Senshi would have more realistic hair and eye colors as civilians. This too was scrapped. In the original designs located on the author's abandoned deviantArt account, Usagi had white hair, Rei had pale red hair, Makoto had green, and Minako had orange hair. This carried over with the other Senshi, with Setsuna having black hair, Haruka with light blue, Hotaru with purple, and Chibi-Usa with a lighter shade of pink.
- The Senshi would have been given a brother each, and they would become 'Knight Senshi' (Including Akira). This scrapped pretty quickly because Nyx didn't find them interesting.
- Usagi's classmates Yumiko and Kuri were Sailor Flora and Proserpina. This didn't last long.