When Weiss' family arrive at a banquet, Weiss expects nothing good will occur that night. When a group of boys begin harrassing her it seems like her worries were true. Thankfully, the host's daughter sees the trouble and helps Weiss out of the ordeal. Weiss soon finds herself becoming friends with the young woman, Pyrrha Nikos, which quickly turns into something more. But could Weiss ever hope that Pyrrha likes her back?
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Weiss' father is emotionally abusive towards Weiss.
- Alternate Universe Fic: Weiss and Pyrrha decided not to go to Beacon. The fic also predates Whitley being introduced, so he's not present.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Weiss has one towards Pyrrha, but it turns out to be for nothing because Pyrrha likes her back.
- Death by Adaptation: Weiss' mother is deceased because the fic predates her being confirmed alive.
- Dude Magnet: Weiss attracts men like bees to honey, but she hates it. Most of the men are lecherous and troublesome.
- I Am Not Pretty: Due to years of scrutiny and ridicule, Weiss is insecure in her looks.
- Opposites Attract: Weiss is aloof and elusive while Pyrrha is outgoing and affectionate.
- Slash Fic: It's a Pyrrha/Weiss shipfic.
- Trophy Child: Weiss and Winter are explicitly referred to as such:On banquet nights, it was Weiss' and Winter's jobs to be the trophies, to not speak unless addressed and to uphold their father's charismatic nature.