Minato Arisato has been freed from the Great Seal and finds that he has been transferred to another universe. While he is upset that he will never get to see his friends again, he still tries to live a normal life and be happy, because he knows that's what they would have wanted. One night, after adjusting to his new ordinary life and having lived in the world for three weeks now, Minato accidentally witnesses a battle between Saber and Lance, the latter of which ordered by his master to kill him. In response, Minato summons one of his Personas from the Sea of Souls.
And with this one act, Minato finds himself journeying through a world of magecraft and a competition for the greatest prize known to all Magus, The Holy Grail.
Last updated December 2016.
This fanfic has examples of:
- Big Damn Heroes: Minato to Saukra after saving her from both Matou Zouken and the Crest Worms literally eating away at her organs.
- Birds of a Feather: Minato and Kotomine Kirei. Minato realizes that Kirei has the same void like attributes he used to have before he had met his friends.
- Power Creep, Power Seep: Inevitable given the crossover. Persona users being able to take on Servants is already stretching the limits of what the former can do. Here, Personas are changed from projected masks to actual entities, similar to Servants if they're heroes, which basically gives Minato access to the Third Magic. Demonic, angelic, or godly Personas become increasingly mind-boggling Eldritch Abominations that, according to Word of God, allow him to take on the likes of Zelretch and Aoko Aozaki. This is all the result of the vaguely-defined Universe Arcana granting him the ability to achieve the impossible.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Minato calmly gives one to the assembled Holy Grail War combatants, calling them out for their willingness to allow the horrors that come with a Grail War to happen as long as they can have their wish.
- Trapped in Another World: This applies to Minato. While he does end up in Japan, this world's version is set ten years in the past, and in this world there are the existence of Magus.
- Zero-Approval Gambit: Minato gets the full story of the Holy Grail War, and promptly declares his intention to dismantle it, effectively making an enemy of the assembled mages and Servants. Saber doesn't want to fight him, but considers her wish for her people to be more important. Kiritsugu feels roughly the same way. Rider already wanted to see who is stronger between them, and now has an excuse to do so. Kayneth is too wary to stand against him, but also refuses to help him. Kirei is clearly disappointed that he couldn't count on Minato for an answer to his own existence. Tokiomi becomes coldly hostile, and Gilgamesh... is self explanatory.