- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Jazz strongly suspects that protecting other people is Danny's Obsession, with hunting beings who would hurt innocents being a significant outlet for it.
- Exactly What I Aimed At: Sam and Dean assume that Danny's blasts at them are simply near-misses from his exhausted state. They are actually warning shots. Sam feels even worse about the whole situation once he learns this.
- Half-Breed Discrimination: The main reason Danny hasn't assumed the throne of King of All Ghosts is that the other ghosts don't want a half-ghost ruler, delaying things until he dies and becomes a complete ghost.
- Poke in the Third Eye: When Danny first meets Castiel, his powers allow him to see just enough of his true angelic nature through his vessel that the boy falls over screaming, comparing it to looking at the sun. Luckily, it doesn't do any permanent damage.
- Rerouted from Heaven: Danny was originally going to go to Heaven before his accident bound him to the Zone.
- Worf Had the Flu: It's clear that Sam and Dean only managed to capture Danny because of a combination of his wounds, his exhaustion, and his not having eaten in a while. Castiel later confirms that at full power, Danny should be capable of taking on archangels and winning, further driving in for Sam and Dean how weak he was.
Fanfic / Hunters And Halfas