He's an understanding runaway prince who rides a fire breathing dragon. She's a misunderstood stay-away princess who fears her uncontrolled ice and snow magic. What happens when these two unlikely individuals meet? Will they be accepted for who they are?
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Age Lift: In the original film, Hiccup befriended Toothless at age 15. Here he befirends Toothless and runs away with him at age 12.
- Babies Ever After: The fanfic ends with Elsa telling Hiccup that she is pregnant.
- Caught in the Rain: Hiccup and Toothless wind up in Arendelle when they are caught up in a storm, nearly getting struck by lightning in the process, and forced to land in the forest near the castle.
- Prolonged Prologue: The first chapter essentially recreates the first few scenes of How to Train Your Dragon, from the introduction of the village to his freeing Toothless from the bolas. The second chapter portrays the opening to Frozen, the big difference being that not only does Grand Pabbie tells the royal family that love can thaw a frozen heart at the beginning (rather than when Anna and Elsa are adults), but he also prophesises that "[a] stranger with a gift of its own from a far away land and holds no fear riding a creature of fire" will come and help her gain control of her powers.
- Spared by the Adaptation: In canon, King Agnarr and Queen Iduna die at sea. Here, they shipwreck but are found and brought back by Hiccup and Toothless.