After much difficulty Hades and Persephone manage to conceive a child.. but there's trouble lurking nearby as Hecate is planning an Underworld takeover... contains carrying-on themes and may get a little dark...
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Bargain with Heaven: Persephone's proposal of a Reincarnation system implemented into the Elysian Fields was able to convince Zeus to give her ownership of the Elysian Fields.
- Berserk Button: As if Hades wasn't easily enough set-off, he has a particular hatred for Homer and the flanderized retelling of how he met his wife.
- Distant Prologue: Chapter 1 shows Rhea bringing the newborn Hades to the underworld where Erebus and Nyx were to care for him.
- Foreshadowing: The newborn Eris smiles when she first sees the pantheon's Black Sheep couple Persephone and Hades and their gift for her (and her favorite gift) is the Golden Apple of Discord, an object that is acknowledged as being responsible for the Trojan War. Even those who aren't familiar with Greek Mythology would know that this would not end well.
- Meaningful Name: Erebus and Nyx decided to name Hades after they discover his power of Invisibility.
- Related in the Adaptation: The prologue elaborates that Rhea left Hades in the care of Erebus and Nyx, making them his adopted parents, which in turn makes Hypnos and the Fates his adopted siblings.
- Sugar Bowl: Cloud Nine seems to be this, an over fluffy, overly saccharine, overly pink living space to the Goddess of Love.