Once again Hades has let his work distract him... He overhears Persephone and learns that she thinks a big sentimental gesture would be 'nice' on Valentines Day... and when is that? Only in TWO DAYS?.! ...Can Hades get the perfect gift for his leading lady in time?
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: Considering St. Valentine was a Catholic from post-Pagan Rome, it is unlikely that Ancient Greece would celebrate it. Here it is portrayed as a festival for Greece's gods of love.
- Devil's Job Offer: When Hades finds Homer having died in his sleep the other night, he makes him a deal; Homer writes Persephone an iliad like she always wanted and he pencils Homer in for a more pleasant afterlife.
- Forgotten Anniversary: Well, Valentine's Day, but the principle still stands, with Hades scrambling to get Persephone a gift before the day happens.
- Last Place You Look: When Pain and Panic try to tell Hades that Homer is dead and waiting for him, Hades chases them away, too busy trying to think of a Valentine gift for Persephone. When Cyane give him the idea to have Homer write an iliad of her like she always wanted, Hades looks all over the mortal world for him, only finding out that he was the one Pain and Panic tried telling him about back in the Underworld this whole time.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!:Hades: Yeh, and if you do me this tiny nudgekin of a favour I will pull some strings with the judges and get you a better afterlife. Heh, sweet deal, huh? So whatta ya say, ya with me on this one?
Pain: But your flamefulness, nobody's allowed to influence the three judges, they're supposed to remain impartial.
Panic: Section fifteen of the Fairness in Tartarus Act, subsection delta, part three states and I quote
Hades: I know... what the Fairness in Tartarus Act says I wrote the dammed thing, remember! Besides, I think I can get away with bending my own rules!
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: He is forced to ask Homer (who put the "Rape" part in the Rape of Persephone myth that the mortals in Greece and Rome now associate with Hades) to make a Valentine's gift for Persephone in exchange for promising him a comfortable afterlife. Let me remind you that it is established that he was on Hades's Afterlife Revenge List established in An 'April Fool's' Errand.
- Valentine's Day Episodes