- Fourteen Months Celestia has been in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s say that the Zone changes who you are... that's partially true. The truth is as horrific as it is simple: the weak die, the strong grow stronger.Celestia wasn't weak to begin with. She became stronger. She changed. Can she still fit in her homeworld?
After fourteen, adventurous but also hard, months Celestia, together with her new friends, allies and her lover, finally returned to Equestria. But this is not the end of the challenges that she must face. Now, not only Equestria must adapt to their old-new ruler but also Celestia must adapt to a few changes that have occurred during her absence.
Fanfic can be read here.
Page picture originally made by author of the story and used by him as a fanfic's covert art.
See The Zone And Survive contains examples of:
- A God Am I: Discord thinks this about himself.
- Anti-Magic: Psychotropic radiation disruptors - anti-magical flashbangs. Harmless to humans but very effective against all creatures with a strong affinity to the Noosphere... and magic users. Disables them for several seconds. Twilight find on herself how effective they are.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted. Celestia clearly shows that these 14 months in the Zone weren't a vacation. A chunk of her left ear is missing while a clearly visible bullet hole can be seen in the other and she has several scars on her face, notably near her left eye. But for Strider, she is as beautiful as always.
- Big Entrance: How Celestia and her faction forces entered Equestria: Seven Mi-24 and four Mi-26 carrying the tanks, APCs, IFVs, some bikes and hundreds of personel flew out of the giant anomaly suspended in the air.
- Big "WHAT?!": Celestia reaction when Luna said that they freed Discord.
- Broad Strokes: The events happen right as season three of FIM comes to a closure so yes, we have Princess Twilight Sparkle. But as author say in comment section, in his headcanon it wasn't Celestia's idea to transform Twilight. As a result Celestia suffers a Heroic BSOD when she first catches a glimpse of Twilicorn. Oh, and she didn't react quite well to Discord being freed and reformed, either.
- Cuteness Overload: Vano, when the group of Royal Guards finally was beyond the range of his sight and voice (they participated in the reunion between Luna and Celestia and shortly later were dismissed):Vano: "Fuck, I don't know if I could have kept the serious face any longer," Vano began. "I mean, they are so cute!" He added with a grin, hugging his machine gun with both arms. "My first instinct was to snatch one up and hug him till the fluff goes away!... or not. That wouldn't be good."
- He have this again when he saw a sad Luna.
- Dead Fic: Unfortunately. It was last updated in 28th Sep, 2014 and the author last login was on Dec 22nd, 2015. Absolutely no one knows what really happened with him.
- Eldritch Abomination: Luna describes Discord as this.
- Heroic BSoD: Celestia reaction when she noticed that Twilight is alicorn now.
- Humanity Is Advanced: Well, considering that the ponies still didn't invent the steel... Somehow justified since they use magic for everything but Celestia say that she would still choice steel sword instead enchanted iron sword since steel is cheaper to produce and can be created in large quantities. And if you add other achievements of mankind...
- OOC Is Serious Business: Something is definitely very not right with Twilight Sparkle.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The unknown fate of two pony mages and one Royal Guard who disappeared in flashes of ligth during the study of Equestrian end of anomaly from which two weeks later Celestia and her fraction came .
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Very short but is still there. Celestia verbally wiped the floor with the leader of a small pegasi squad who tried attack her soldiers.Celestia: "I knew the Royal Guard was out of shape and in a desperate need of restructuring ever since the Changeling invasion. I learned then that it didn't have what it takes to repel an enemy attack, in the goddamn capital of our own country," she began, angry but controlled, pacing back and forth in front of the terrified Guards, before suddenly pausing, seemingly calming down. "But attacking a group unknown beings obviously minding their own business unprovoked? Without even the shadow of a proper threat assessment? What image of the Guard did you intend to give out, you pathetic excuse for a soldier!?
- Twitchy Eye: Luna reaction when Strider and Celestia kissed.