A British actor, of Lebanese, Persian and Turkish descent, born on 5 September 1991, best known for starring as Edmund Pevensie in the The Chronicles of Narnia film series. He has appeared in all three installments, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which was released on 10 December 2010. He also starred as young Enzo Ferrari.
Keynes stated that he didn't want to continue his acting career, but carry on with his college studies, confirming at one point that he wanted a career in History or Medicine. Since then he's become a political adviser for the Conservative Party.
He has an impressive ancestry and family, as he's the grandson of a physiologist, the nephew of a historian and Cambridge professor, the great-great nephew of economist John Maynard Keynes, a great-grandson of a Nobel Prize laureate, on his father's side (who is also a writer), and the grandson of a president's advisor and author, as well as the great-nephew of a major Historian of the Middle East, on his mother's side.
He's also the descendant of the great biologist Charles Darwin, and thus also of the pottery magnate Josiah Wedgwood, and a distant relative of composer Ralph Vaughan Williams.
This actor provides examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: He has a natural, dark, bad boy look, which is one of the many reasons he had so much success with female fans. Also, one of the reasons the director chose him for the role was that he especially looked like the bad guy, having the striking complexion of black hair, pale skin and a dark allure.
- Big Eater: On screen and off-screen too.
- Deadpan Snarker: "This is a blonde trying to understand the computer, but failing. He's got two brunettes to help him out. Unfortunately, it's too much to explain to a blonde".
- Hates Being Touched: When he was a kid, he hated being hugged, which was why all his cast-mates jumped on him, yelling Group hug!.
- Kubrick Stare: He◊ does◊ it◊ a lot◊. Even as Edmund◊. Anna Popplewell even said on her first impression of him that his eyes are really expressive and quite penetrating.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni, both in physical appearance and personality, to William Moseley, who's in contrast with him and much more hyperactive and overly talkative than the collected Skandar, particularly in interviews. He's also the blue oni to Georgie Henley.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Had a Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl dynamic with Georgie Henley, in their earlier years. Due to her pluckiness, he had a tendency to be sarcastic to her, which is noticeable in most audio commentary that is made for this film. They also used to bicker quite often.
- Georgie: I remember getting really upset at one point, cause I was like I miss Skandar!Skandar: I feel so loved.Georgie: Look at you smiling.Skandar: I wasn't-Georgie: She's gonna-Tilda's gonna wipe that smug grin right off your face!
- Or:Georgie: I'm just gonna shut up!Skandar: It's the only time in these five minutes.