The strip ran from July 16, 2001 to June 22, 2003 and dealt with the daily life of Mr. Potato Head, his wife Mrs. Potato Head and their children Julienne and Chip.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Julienne is Mr. Potato Head's adolescent daughter and is frequently shown to be petulant and disobedient.
- Company Cross References: The Halloween strip for 2002 shows Mr. Potato Head attempting to go trick-or-treating with his son Chip while dressed as Garfield.
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: Julienne once threatened to wrap her brother Chip in tinfoil and take him to the beach.
- Cut Short: Unlike Davis' other ended strips U.S. Acres and Gnorm Gnat, Mr. Potato Head did not get a big send-off and abruptly concluded with a strip where Mr. Potato Head was mocked by a fly he was attempting to swat.
- Edible Theme Naming: Julienne is named after Julienne fries, while Chip's name is a clear play on potato chips.
- The Ghost: Several strips have Chip converse on the phone with his friend Mikey, who never physically appears nor is heard talking.
- Happily Married: It is rather apparent that Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head are in a healthy relationship. A fair number of strips feature the couple making out or saying sentimental things to one another.
- Sibling Rivalry: Julienne and Chip are always getting on each other's nerves.