The comic focused on the titular Cyberforce, a team of cybernetically enhanced mutants who sought to oppose the Mega-Corp Cyberdata, who had kidnapped them and illegally experimented upon them to turn them into Super Soldiers.
Considered one of the lesser successes of the first wave of Image Comics titles, but was the first title from Top Cow Productions and its superhero universe which would later include Witchblade and The Darkness. Under the Top Cow label, it has seen a handful of short-lived revivals titled Stryke Force, named for team leader Morgan Stryker.
- Crossover: With Wildcats, Freak Force, Newmen, and many others.
- Expy: As was a common complaint for Image Comics, many of the characters seem to be based off of those of other companies. In Cyberforce's case, the X-Men of Marvel Comics.
- Cyblade is a pretty obvious one to Psylocke, Heatwave shares the whole Leader/Blaster/Boring Guy combo with Cyclops, Ripclaw is a Wolverine Wannabe, Impact is basically like Colossus (though most '90s super-teams included a "strong guy" character) and Stryker greatly resembles Cable, but with more arms.
- Fun with Acronyms: The main characters and most enemies were all Special Hazardous Operations Cyborgs. Or "S.H.O.Cs".
- Hollywood Cyborg: Pretty much everybody.
- Invisible Streaker: Sly's power forces her to do this to use it.
- Ms. Fanservice: One of the Stryke Force revivals gave us Sly and Tia Katana. The former was a flirty young blonde girl with Girlish Pigtails who could become invisible, but had to strip naked every time she did it, and would become visible again if something broke her concentration. The latter was a buff Action Girl who fought her enemies using a full-body tattoo that transformed into a sword, forcing her to run around in Stripperific clothes so that she could grab her sword whenever she wanted.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous:
- Heroic character Stryker was a mutant who had three right arms and one left arm. When he became a S.H.O.C, the right arms were replaced with bionic ones.
- Villain Buzzcut was a hulking cyborg who had three buzzsaw-handed mechanical right arms, making him something of a Evil Counterpart to Stryker.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: T.I.M.M.I.E. was one of these, created by boy-genius Chip.
- In the latest version of Cyberforce, there is Aphrodite V.
- Stryker You Are My Father:In the latest version of Cyberforce, Carin tells Stryker that he is her dad.
- Wolverine Claws: Ripclaw, a Native American mutant who had limited shapeshifting abilities and whose fingers had been replaced with mechanical claws by Cyberdata.