Doll Face is a short animation about a robot attempting to imitate the human faces it sees on a TV screen. It's chilling and beautiful, and can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6hNj1uOkY
This animation provides examples of:
- And I Must Scream: Maybe. We aren't sure whether the machine is still conscious by the end or not. But it did blink...
- Cute Machines: The robot, if for no other reason than how much of a woobie she is.
- Downer Ending: The robot's attempts to become beautiful end with her being unable to reach the television screen. When she desperately attempts to reach it, her mechanisms break and she dies.
- I Just Want to Be Beautiful: The poor robot.
- Visual Pun: A very, very dark example toward the end; true beauty is unreachable.
- When She Smiles: The machine only smiles once, when she finishes her first beauty task and believes she's succeeded. Trust us, you'll appreciate that smile after you see the ending.