The Conversion Bureau: A New Age has characters...
lots of them...
they shall be spoken of in this page in order to not artificially inflate the main page
... which can be viewed here!.
Andre Bowman/Blue VagueThe main protagonist (by default mostly) of the story. A 26 year old former computer engineer displaced by the Singularity, he finds himself, like most everyone else not within the Domed Cities on Earth, carousing the net with his other four friends. That is until relevant events occur and it turns out that he and his three friends carried active shards of an Ancient Power. After his 'Ponification' into a blue coated and cobalt-and-white maned Unicorn, he adopts the moniker Blue Vague, vague being French for 'waves of water'.
- Making a Splash: His main Terran Water Magic power and his calling card.
- Cannot Spit It Out: It takes nearly half the entire story just for Vague to simply work up the nerve to engage in a formal relationship with Midori Hana.
- Black and Nerdy: Andre is (was?) African-American; born, raised, and at that point still living in Baton Rouge (which is now effectively a fusion of New Orleans, old Baton Rouge, Lafayette, and Biloxi, MS). He was also a relatively well-trained computer technician and programmer, and never lost his flair for computers after his Conversion.
- The Leader: Blue Vague is more or less the de-factor leader of the Conduits of Terra after they are all found and organized, mostly because he is the one who talks the most whenever they are all together.
- Sanity Slippage: Manifests twice during the story: the first incident leads to his eventual Conversion in order to supposedly resolve the issue. The second leads to him manifesting as a Nightmare (Nightmare Ooze to be precise) and going full-blown Straw Nihilist and ranting and raving about how the Earth needed to be turned into a parking lot and everything on it killed
- Parental Abandonment: The root reason for his above Sanity Slippage. He was left to this aling grandfathter, who died when he was 16 and well on the way to college. At the very least, though, he managed to remain in stable enough financial condition to attend though by time he graduated high school.
- Primal Fear: Drowning, which comprised his "Trial Of The Soul" along with confronting his lingering resentment over his parental abandonment.
- Berserk Button: Played For Extreme Drama while second sanity slippage was already well underway. During the 'Rebellion' of the Society of the Preservation of Humanity, once he heard his mother's voice (however poorly disguised) and saw her wearing a SPH uniform, he gleefully jumped headfirst off the slippery slope and into full-blown Crazy Town
- Familiar: Created during his performance that earned him his 'crashing waves' Cutie Mark, Vague ended up creating an Astral Lifeform later known as Torra-Bouros (a turtle-like creature with a long neck and tail like a snake)
Kyoko Isegawa / Midori Hana20 years old and girlfriend to Andre/Vague, Kyoko is the daughter and sole-child of the world-(in)famous Doctors Isegawa, Hayato and Jun. She is incredibly smart, but also has a tendency to be very immature and scatter-brained when not focused on anything in particular. After she converts into a Earth Pony of varying shades of green, she adopts the monkier of 'Midori Hana' (Green Flowers) despite her element being Earth, mostly because she just felt it was the right name at the time.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Despite her name her actual primary element is Earth.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: Played to the hilt when she revealed to Andre that she was, indeed, the daughter of the Doctors Isegawa.
- The Reveal: All but invoked by name by Kyoko when she triumphantly told Andre of her name and heritage. Andre's reaction as it sunk in it was suitableAndre: I'm internet friends with the daughter of someone who'd try and put my brain in a robot body if his wife didn't kill him first...
- The Smart Girl/Mare: Is in all likelihood the most book-smart of the four Conduits, although her outward personality would mask that somewhat.
- Genki Girl: Swears by this trope when she is in her unfocused phase. Most evident when she saw Princess Luna in the flesh for the first time.Princess Luna: Dr. Jun did tell me she was excitable, I'll have to remember not to leave her in a room with Pinkie Pie.
- Little Miss Snarker: When not in her normal Genki Girl mood, she can be downright nasty with her words. Especially when going through her personal travails before her conversion.
- Otaku: She has some strains of this, as she purposefully spends large amounts of free-time on Earth diving the 'Net for now 'classic' anime. Especially mecha anime.
- Primal Fear: Buried Alive, combined with her intense paranoia about not being a 'normal' human girl/woman leads to her near failure of her "Trial Of The Soul"
- Vicious Cycle: What leads to Kyoko's (incorrect) beleief that she is not a natural born Human before her conversion. A highly traumatic incident in the Tokyo Domes (not to be confused with THE Tokyo Dome), and her parents absolute refusal to speak of it in any detail with her about it, led her to believe that she was at the very least some sort of experiment.
- Familiar: Her Astral Lifeform is a giant tigress aptly named 'Taizan Tora'