A show about music, executive produced by a famous musician, and features famous hip hop pioneers? You'd best believe the soundtrack is this.
- After episodes of struggle, "Set Me Free" is every bit as heart-stoppingly powerful (and catchy) as Mylene deserves.
- "The Get Down Brothers vs. the Notorious Three" is so awesome that its performance is actually the climax of the sixth episode.
- While it was short, simple, and only comprised of a single phrase, Mylene, Regina, and Yolanda's cover of "I'll Be There" by The Jackson Five is breathtaking, and their harmonies inspire Jackie to put Regina and Yolanda on Mylene's album.
- "Telepathy", the song performed in the gay bar in episode six, deserves a mention for its catchiness, lyrical relevance, and being performed by Christina Aguilera.
- "I'll Keep a Light In My Window" is another great song by Mylene and the Soul Madonnas. It has a religious theme like "Set Me Free" but there's a prominent groovy disco tune, whereas Set Me Free had an ensemble within a church.
- "Break the Locks" is incredibly catchy.