- The shipping of Shao/Zeke has a large following. In episode 1, within hours of meeting each other, Shao and Zeke talk about taking over the world with their talent, and complimenting each other:Shao: You're a natural wordsmith, man.Zeke: You a natural everything.
- Shao gives Zeke his legendary nickname, Books.Shao: I'm calling you Books from now on.
- Shao's jealousy and hatred of Mylene is significant. He immediately does not take a liking to Mylene because he feels that Mylene isn't allowing Zeke to be what he can be and only using Zeke for musical support, especially in part 1.
- In part two, his ambiguous crush on Ezekiel is mentioned over and over againalthough, sadly, pretty much only as a way to belittle him.
- This was also Thor and Dizzee up until episode 6, where they share a kiss.
- In part two, when future!Zeke is rapping about Shao, there's this gem:Zeke: Shaolin was my heart.
Ho Yay / The Get Down