Escape from Vantablack is a short Idle Game for Void Development Jam by Jacorb 90 released in 2021. In it, you click a button to make Photons. Once you made enough of them, you gain access to additional mechanics like Photons/Electrons and Lumens. Keep going until you reach 100% to get out of the darkness.
It is playable here.
This game provides examples of:
- As the Good Book Says...: You have a button with the words "Let there be light!" to produce photons.
- Completion Meter: A bar at the top of the page tracks your completion.
- Controllable Helplessness: After reaching 100%, the only thing you can really do is click on squares for True Photons until Photon production's at 0%, after which they don't really do anything but wait for the game to end by running out of Photons.
- Cooldown: You can only press the "Let there be light!" every two seconds, but getting Photon Upgrade 1 will halve the interval (potentially more with Photon Upgrade 6).
- Discard and Draw: You can annihilate Positrons to gain a 1- charge and Electrons for 1+. The number of the type you have minus the one you don't have provides a boost to Photon Upgrade 3 & 5 / 2 & 4, respectively.
- Export Save: Once you reach 1,000,000 total Photons, you gain access to the options menu, where you can press a button to export your save as a 1.2KB+ file.
- Fade to White: Once you reach 100%, the screen turns white for a moment.
- Shout-Out: One of the title screen messages mentions that the dimensions here are not made of antimatter.
- The End: The red words "THE END" appear once the game is over.
- We Can Rule Together: The god offers you to join in creating his kingdom at the end.