- West deducing that President Grant is really Gordon in disguise from a small detail: his class ring. Gordon was wearing a Harvard ring. President Grant graduated from West Point.
- West and Gordon's attack on the Loveless's Spider Tank, using a flying machine Gordon just put together. Sure it didn't do all that much in the end but, it was awesome.
- Gordon, who detests violence and guns, is holding Loveless at gunpoint with a single-shot derringer as Loveless is pounding on West. After a tense build-up and West calling for Gordon to just shoot him, Gordin takes aim and fires...Loveless: After all that, you missed?Gordon: Actually, I didn't.Loveless looks down and notices Gordon shot his mechanical legs and they're leaking hydraulic fluid, causing them to lower power and sink to the ground.
- How about those opening credits? The music makes it even better.
- One of the mooks shows off his martial arts skills and claims he "learned that from a China man." West's reaction? Hit him in the face with a shovel and snark, "I just made that up."
- President Grant's reaction upon being confronted by a lunatic Confederate terrorist riding a huge mechanical spider:Grant: [Perfectly calm] Dr. Loveless. That's a fine spider you have there. What can I do for you today?
Grant: You have me at a bit of a disadvantage. I didn't bring my flyswatter.
- And then moments later, he snarks at the man who has said giant mechanical spider, while all his men are running for the hills.
Grant: Never will I sign that paper, never will the United States ever surrender!
- When Loveless reveals his plan for a Divided States of America that returns the land to its original European, Mexican, and Native American owners, he decides to make it "as legal as possible" and have Grant sign a formal surrender to them. Grant's response before Loveless and all the enemies of the United States supporting his scheme?
- Riding into the Sunset on a giant mechanical spider was not only a subversion, it was an awesome one.
- Even if you don't care for the film, the theme song by Will Smith, "Wild Wild West", is very catchy with a very entertaining video with a lot of effort and money spent on the look, production and costumes. See it here.
Awesome / Wild Wild West