- After spending much of Pokitaru on what is essentially a very long (albeit fairly straightforward) Escort Mission (and not without spending a few bolts to get the Thruster-Pack), taking to the skies in the resort's fighter jet and mowing down the Blargian waste ships is easily one of the best moments in the original game. Especially when you have something like this cheering you on as you do so.
- Ratchet handing Qwark his ass on a silver platter at Gemlik Base.
- Ratchet and Clank's destruction of Drek's planet. Though it does seem a tad wasteful.
- Clank saving Ratchet from falling to his death with the Thruster Pack function.
- Meta-example; one truly dedicated player managed to beat the entire game while only using the Omniwrench, something that even the original dev team thought was impossible to do. The player even managed to find a way to skip the infamous Shield Towers on Gemlik Base.
Awesome / Ratchet & Clank (2002)