Me's A Crowd has evolved, should we split Self-Duplication power from it?: Mes A Crowd get usage counts
Deadlock Clock: 23rd Apr 2013 11:59:00 PM
- OhCrap.Doctor Who-Master: Oh that's too simple...no no no no no. They're not going to think like me... ...They're going to BECOME me!- Other Misuse, general duplication.
- Ace Attorney Abridged In the first episode Phoenix defends Ema Skye... with Hobo-Phoenix as the Prosecutor and pink sweater University-Phoenix as the witness. Guess who the victim is? Hilarity Ensues. Other misuse-disguises
- . Creepy Twins The scene where Boomer confronts her naked clones in the Season One finale of Battlestar Galactica was this, writ large. Other Misuse-clones
- . Jackie Chan Adventures Me's A Crowd - The episode "Jade Times Jade." Correct
- . Characters/Smallville High Badass Abnormal: In "Collateral," Chloe's virtual world avatar demonstrates Super Speed, intangibility, Mind Over Matter, and Me's A Crowd abilities. Superpower
- Red Dwarf Rimmer clones himself and the relationship eventually breaks down, just like on the TV version. This time we're treated to Rimmer's thought process regarding why hanging out with yourself generally won't work in the long run, although whether it's Rimmer's personality flaws or the concept itself that doomed the experiment is left open. Correct
- Mortal Kombat: Deception Ermac'' Other Misuse-clones
- The Wotch blank has correct example on page
- . Characters/Mariglenica Records Of A Multiversal War Attributed to Dr Mcninja who is a correct example
- . Fallout New Vegas the drugs you take make you see multiple and you have to fight all of them. Misuse
- Characters/PS 238 Doctor Positron ???
- . Red Alert 3 Clones of Yuriko are used to fuel to Rising Sun's superweapon, the Psionic Decimator. Other misuse-General cloning
- . Men In Black blank Other misuse- no clue, nothing like the trope turns up in the movie
- Melee A Trois with Megatron vs. Starscream and his clones, general cloning
- Pantheon/Heroes And Villains A reference to the above, apparently general cloning
- Acting For Two Me's A Crowd — Why stop with one clone? misuse general cloning
- Things Mr. Welch Is No Longer Allowed to Do in an RPG 675. Even if the rules allow it, I can't take the Identical Twin advantage 22 times. someone is going to have to tell me, but it looks correct
- Smallville: Other Major Villains Me's A Crowd: Can duplicate himself, and does so frequently. Superpower
- Opposite-Sex Clone Each of Starscream's clones in Transformers Animated represents some facet of his personality, Other misuse-General cloning
- Characters/Katekyo Hitman Reborn Her ice powers include making copies of herself to fight for her. Superpower
- Comicbook/Superman This is how Bizarro populated Bizarro World. other misuse- general cloning
- Mystery Guitar Man Many videos involve a number of clones who do backup instrumentation. maybe
- Emperor Battle For Dune The subfraction house Ix allows you access to their projectors if allied. other misuse- broader
- I Am Legion An interesting use in Star Trek: Vanguard combines this trope with Me's a Crowd. The Shedai Serrataal ruling class often speak as though they're a collective (despite being in reality an ideologically diverse bunch) and can also take on multiple forms at once, controlling several bodies simultaneously. Superpower
- All Trolls Are Different Poison Elves trolls are like taller, uglier elves with horns and the ability to reproduce by bleeding. Other misuse
- Characters/Storm Hawks Me's A Crowd: "In Finnity" Superpower
- Characters/Homestuck Trolls Two Me's A Crowd: Her time powers can be used to create an army of alternate future selves. Superpower, in a variation
- . Headscratchers/Ben 10 Ultimate Alien In "Duped", Ben uses Echo Echo and the Ultimatrix to duplicate his human form so he can go do three different things at once. Correct
- . Mobile Menace Metroid Fusion has several sequences where you have to either outrun or hide from SA-X, who always seems to show up at the worst moment. There's actually several of them. maybe superpower, mayber broader misuse
- . Never Mess With Granny Tachimany also has the ability to turn into three old women. Superpower
- . Characters/Code Lyoko Jérémie tries to give Odd a teleportation ability, but ended up making two clones superpower mishap
- . Hall Of Mirrors Claire in Heroes uses the Hall Of Mirrors at Samuel's carnival to turn the tables on a Me's A Crowd villain. Superhero
- . Ls Empire While originally Gemini Man had the ability to create a hologram of himself, upon contact with the Chaos Heart he gained the ability to create an army of solid clones Superpower
- . Knights And Knaves On Bob and George, when Mega Man gets to Gemini Man, superpower
- . Characters/Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe On Deathstroke:Me's A Crowd: His ending involves him creating a new clan, in order to face several new assassin groups which may come. Notice the similarities to the Mortal Kombatants. other misuse
- . Tracey Mc Bean "Multiplication", though the Shamus clones are bite-sized correct
- Tales of the Visitors Wukong tried to do so when he was about to fight Sleipner, but he escaped before beatdown occurred. He got his chance during the Christmas mission. superpower
- . Only One Me Allowed Right Now In one episode of Sgt. Frog, Keroro accidentally clones himself a thousandfold using the Kero Ball. other misuse
- . Characters/Fate Nuovo Guerra One of his Noble Phantasms Oh I don't know, superpower I guess, can't people write examples so that others can understand them?
- Adventures Of The Galaxy Rangers The "baby Buzzwangs" from "Tune-Up". ?? Superpower?
edited 3rd Aug '11 3:12:09 PM by SomeSortOfTroper
edited 3rd Aug '11 3:06:38 PM by Discar
- Do we rename the page at Me's a Crowd? (At this point, the answer is a big yes).
- If so, what name?
- What do we call the Duplication Man sort of superpower? (Alt titles)
- What do we call the trope about any old duplication Includes cloning, doppleganger, I guess some work needs to be done. (There's a YKTTW for this right? Well it sounds like that can just do its job.)
edited 3rd Aug '11 3:26:05 PM by SomeSortOfTroper
edited 3rd Aug '11 4:01:55 PM by Discar
edited 6th Aug '11 11:15:59 AM by MarqFJA
- A plot where a duplicated character tries to order its duplicates to do chores.
- A plot where a character creates many duplicates of themselves.
- A supertrope about duplication in general: any plot that involves duplication (of a living character) by any means (clone, superpower, Applied Phlebotinum, doppelgangers, etc.), voluntarily or involuntarily, intentionally or unintentionally.
- A character with the superpower of duplication.
- Is (1.) Too Rare to Trope?
- If not, what should it be named? (Consensus in the thread is that Me's a Crowd is a bad name for it.)
- Do (1.) and (2.) need to be separate, or can they be combined (with (1.) being noted as a common variant of (2.))?
edited 15th Oct '11 4:46:16 PM by Nocturna
edited 15th Oct '11 9:53:20 PM by crazysamaritan