YMMV: The Sims 2
This YMMV page is for the second game in the series.
- For the series as a whole, click here.
- For the first game, click here.
- For the third game, click here.
- For the fourth game, click here.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: The premade characters are often subject to this, with any one character's personality running the full gamete of the personality scale.
- Fridge Horror: How do male Sims give birth to their alien offspring? The only nearby orifice is... NO.
- Genius Bonus: When Sims play chess, they move the chess pieces appropriately.
- Raise your hands if you know that mellifera is the second part of the Latin name for a family of honey bees. note
- Mondegreen: Sometimes, the simlish actually sounds like they're saying something. Such as how some people having a pillow fight or playing with each other may sound like they're saying "Stop! Fuck you!" and "Fuck YOU!"
- Polished Port: Not only was the Mac version not discontinued like the Windows version was, it was also given a complete overhaul recently by being ported to the modern Mac OS X native Intel x64 architecture, given support for newer graphics cards, and even added 4K resolution support. It also comes bundled with every single expansion pack released to date, for a reasonable price of US$29.99. Windows users may get 4K resolution only by manually hacking about two dozen configuration files by hand, and even then the game has graphical glitches due to having no support for modern cards.
- Scrappy Mechanic:
- Starting from Free Time, Mr. Humble will give you a new computer. Always nice - but he does this for every family you create. Needless to say, mods were instantly created to disable this since the very high end computer messes up "rags to riches" scenarios.
- "It's raining!" "It's hailing!" "It's snowing!" Yes, it's raining and hailing... how is it possible to get the "It's raining!" off of your task queue?
- Put a computer in the house and the sims will always try and play it unless you have free will off. This gets very annoying when you try to make your sims stand out so they don't miss the school bus or the carpool... and they decide to go play the computer.
- Put a stereo in, and you better get used to the music - because it's not turning off.
- If you make your Sims very Neat in their personalty, they will always make their bed when they wake up and you can't stop them once they have started.