(b. 1959) is a retired Americannote Professional Wrestler
best known for his time in the AWA
as Nord the Barbarian
in the mid-1980s and as The Berzerker
from 1991-1993. He also competed for New Japan Pro Wrestling
, All Japan Pro Wrestling
, World Class Championship Wrestling in Dallas, "Cowboy" Bill Watts' Mid-South Wrestling/Universal Wrestling Federation and other territories. He made his PPV debut at Survivor Series 1991
on Col. Mustafa (The Iron Sheik)
's team with Skinner (Steve Keirn)
and Hercules in a losing effort against the team of "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
/"The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich
/"El Matador" Tito Santana
. While he never won a title in his career, he was
named by Pro Wrestling Illustrated
their "Rookie of the Year" for 1985, beating out Kendall Windham, Dan Spivey
and Sam Houston (Jake "The Snake" Roberts
He has nothing to do with that song from Clerks
, the Science Fiction Literature
or the other wrestler called the Barbarian
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
- Arch-Enemy: Greg Gagne, the Von Erichs, Jimmy Snuka, Davey Boy Smith, The Undertaker
- Ax-Crazy: Once, as the Berzerker, said, "Yes, Master Fuji, I will rip his head off for you!"
- Bash Brothers: Stan Hansen (in Japan), Boris Zhukov, Barry Darsow (in WCW)
- Beard of Evil: Until he shaved it off sometime in between leaving WWE and before he showed up in WCW in late 1997.
- The Berserker: Well, duh.
- The Brute
- Cool Helmet
- Cool Shades: In WCW.
- Cool Sword.
- Demoted to Extra/Jobber: In WWE, and his run in WCW, including being one of Goldberg's victims, on the July 4 (taped April 4), 1998 episode of WCW Worldwide.
- Dumb Muscle: His finisher in WWE was throwing his opponent over the top rope to be counted out.
- Expy: Of Bruiser Brody.
- Finishing Move: Legdrop; (as the Berzerker) Throwing his opponent over the top rope to be counted out; (as himself in WCW) Camel Clutch.
- Heel: Was this for much of his career and is best known in this role.
- Horny Vikings: WWE originally called him the Viking before settling on the Berzerker.
- I Have Many Names: Nord the Barbarian, the Viking, the Berzerker and his own.
- It's All About Me: For a time in WCW, he'd walk to the ring wearing a shirt that on the front read "If you don't like me..." and on the back read, "There's something wrong with you."
- Mighty Lumberjack: Complete with the flannel shirts and axes.
- Parts Unknown: Often billed from there as both the Barbarian and the Berzerker, though sometimes in the AWA he was billed from "Norwegia."
- The Lumberjacks were billed from The Great North Woods, which is a real area. However, it is a region that stretches across four states and into Quebec, Canada, and the AWA never specified where in the Great North Woods they were supposed to be from at any point during the team's existence.
- Power Stable: The Sheik (Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie)'s Army, in the AWA.
- Real Song Theme Tune: (in the AWA): Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Bad Moon Rising"
- Religious Bruiser: Had a Bible-thumping gimmick at one point.
- Tag Team: The Breakfast Club, with the Grappler (Len Denton) in NWA Pacific Northwest Wrestling
- The Lumberjacks, with Scott "Flapjack" Norton in the AWA.
- Villain Team-Up: With Papa Shango against the Undertaker and the Ultimate Warrior in 1992.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Once while walking to the ring for a Squash on WCW Worldwide, he said something about how he wakes up every day thinking about what he could do to the NWO. He never really got any kind of chance.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: The Lumberjacks.