(b. 1972) is a retired Professional Wrestling
valet/manager from Bear, DE best known for her work in the original ECW
from 1995-2001 as Francine.
She debuted in Spring 1995 as an unnamed "fan" who was interested in Stevie Richards
. This led to conflicts with Richards, his mentor Raven
and Raven's girlfriend Beulah McGillicutty
. Francine then aligned herself with the Pitbulls, guiding #2 to the ECW World Television Title
in 1996. However, she turned heel on him, costing him the belt, and aligning herself with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas
. This lasted until Douglas jumped to WCW
in Summer 1999. Francine would second Tommy Dreamer
for the next year, until she turned on him, costing him the ECW World Heavyweight Title
to Justin Credible. After ECW died, she would work in TNA
and various independents, as well as making a surprise appearance at ECW One Night Stand 2005
brought her in for WWECW in 2006, though she was gone by October. She retired in December.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
"The Queen of Tropes":
- Anything But That!: Has said that she would rather have a root canal than take Total Elimination again.
- Arch-Enemy: Beulah McGillicutty, Dawn Marie, and not just in Kayfabe. When she had her website at http://forevertbozsguy.simplenet.com/francine/, in the FAQ sectionnote when asked what she really thought of Beulah and Kimona Wanalaya, her only response was "..........................", with the webmaster noting that he took it to mean "no comment."
- Ascended Fangirl: Her character was introduced as Stevie Richards' Stalker with a Crush.
- Ass Kicks You/Face-Heel Turn: At ECW Heatwave 96, July 13, 1996, was in the corner of Pitbull #2 in the four-way dance for the ECW World Television Title involving champion Chris Jericho, 2 Cold Scorpio and Shane Douglas. Scorpio eliminated Jericho and Pitbull #2 eliminated Scorpio. Francine entered the ring and threw powder in Pitbull #2's eyes. She then turned her back to the camera and pulled down her skirt to reveal her thong with "Franchise" printed on it, thus turning herself heel. Beat. This led to the Pitbulls making history by superbombing her through a table.
- Bash Brothers and Sisters: Shane Douglas, Tommy Dreamer, Jazz
- Catfight: So, so many, often with Beulah, then with Dawn Marie.
- Cluster Bleep Bomb: During the Shane Douglas-Phil LaFon match at ECW As Good As It Gets, September 20, 1997, she turned to the camera and said what can only be presumed to have been a complete sentence that got bleeped out.
: "EXCUSE ME! There's no telling what that mouth is capable of!"
- Cute but Cacophonic: Her voice is...an acquired taste.
- Dark Action Girl: She was pretty fearless about getting involved in matches and taking bumps, seemingly particularly when doing so would not have been advantageous to her well-being.
- Demoted to Extra: In WWE.
- Didn't See That Coming: She managed Michael Shane in MLW. During his match with Norman Smiley at MLW Revolutions, she got involved, of course, and gave Smiley the Bronco Buster in the corner. He countered by grabbing the front of her shorts and simulating oral sex on her. It didn't help him, as Michael still won the match.
- Dominatrix: Her image as the manager for the Pitbulls.
- Flipping the Bird: Once when the fans were, as usual, chanting "Show your tits! Show your tits!," she teased doing it only to answer with this.
- Gag Boobs: At ECW Heat Wave 98, Joey said that he had bought a new suit for the PPV, that was "double-breasted, like Francine."
- Golddigger/Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: She turned on the Pitbulls, leading to Douglas winning the TV Title and turned on Dreamer to help Credible win the ECW World Heavyweight Title. Both times she turned it was to help a heel win a title.
- Groin Attack: Frequently.
- Enemy Mine: She and Beulah once teamed-up to do this to Bill Alfonso.
- Inverted Trope: Dreamer once countered her attempt at a sit-down splash with a claw hold there.
- Heel: Her primary role from her initial turn in 1996.
- Iron Butt Monkey: She took so much verbal abuse from the crowd over the years following her initial heel turn (see above), sparking some of Joey's best material, and there was all the physical abuse she took as well.
- Kissgusting: Her reaction when she realized that the masked man who had kissed her at ECW Barely Legal was not "Ravishing" Rick Rude but in fact was "Bulldozer" Brian Lee.
- Literal Ass Kissing: Suggested by the lip-print tattoo on her butt.
- Ms. Fanservice: Among many examples: When she was in MLW in 2003, she did a promo for the MLW T-shirt which started with a close-up of her saying, "If I can't wear my MLW T-shirt," then the camera pulled back to show her sitting nude from the side with her legs pulled up to her chest and saying, "then I won't wear anything at all."
- Hand or Object Underwear: She once did a photo shoot where she was topless and covering herself with Shane Douglas's ECW World Heavyweight Title belt.
- Panty Shot/Sideboob: When she was exiting through the ropes during the match where Taz beat Shane Douglas for the ECW World Heavyweight Title at ECW Guilty As Charged, January 10, 1999.
- She once ran to the ring with the back of her dress open. Do the math.
- Stripperiffic: Tended to wear skimpy outfits.
- Wardrobe Malfunction/Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress: At Holiday Hell 96, Shane Douglas and Francine d. Dreamer and Beulah. At one point, Dreamer had Francine set up for a piledriver and was turning around to each side of the ring so everyone could get a glimpse of what was about to happen, which was Dreamer hitting the piledriver and Francine's breasts falling out. Raised to funny because, right when Dreamer grabbed Francine by the hair to set her up for the move, Joey said, "And Dreamer has seen enough of the Head Cheerleader."
- Nipple and Dimed: Jazz tore off her blouse during the ECW World Heavyweight Title Stairway to Hell (Ladder match with a roll of barbed-wire hanging above the ring) match between Justin Credible and Tommy Dreamer at ECW Heat Wave 2000, but Francine, who was braless, had black tape over her breasts. She, of course, covered herself up as best she could and bailed.
- Perky Female Minion: For Amber O'Neal and The Human Tornado
- Power Stable: Both in ECW.
- Real Song Theme Tune: (in ECW)
- Red Baroness: (as manager for The Pit Bulls): "The Beastmaster"; (with Shane Douglas): "The Head Cheerleader," "The Queen of Extreme"
- Sidekick: To Shane Douglas, Tommy Dreamer, and Justin Credible.
- Slut Shaming: During Douglas' match with Pitbull #2 at ECW Barely Legal, the crowd chanted "She's a slut! She's a slut! She's a slut!," with Francine having no option than to walk back and forth with her hands over her ears.
- Hardly the only chant she got. There was also "She's a crack whore!" and "She's hardcore!" (a play on the traditional ECW chant of approval).
- Squash Match: To Steve Corino at ECW Heat Wave 99 in what had started as Dreamer and Francine being interviewed.
- The Rival
- Z-Barr "The Ultra Violent Man Whore" and his girlfriend Gorgeous George (not that one or that) in the wider Philadelphia area outside of ECW. They showed up at Women's Extreme Wrestling with intentions to take it over, just to spite Francine, who worked there.
- Fellow manager SoCalVal grew up idolizing Francine but found she really didn't care for her after a stint as Francine's assistant.
- Woman Scorned: After Beulah (Trisa Hayes) retired in 1998 following The Dudley Boys breaking her neck with the 3D, Thomas "Tommy Dreamer" Laughlin started an off-screen relationship with Francine Fournier. This ended when Laughlin left her to go back to Hayes. Reportedly, Hayes and Laughlin had to have extra security for their Real Life wedding. This is what Joey was referring to at ECW One Night Stand 2005 when he said, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and did he ever scorn her."
- Would Hit a Girl: Even by ECW standards. The Pitbulls Superbombed her through a table. Dreamer gave her several piledrivers. Phil LaFon gave her a Tiger Driver. Bam Bam Bigelow powerbombed her, breaking her pelvis...