Wrestling: Beulah McGillicutty
Trisa Hayes Laughlin (b. 1969) is a retired American Professional Wrestling valet, model and author from Muskegon, MI who worked in the original ECW from 1995-1998 as Beulah McGillicutty. She had briefly worked in Stampede in the late 1980s as Brian Pillman's "sister" Theresa. She spent some time posing for Penthouse and other adult magazines.Beulah debuted at ECW Hostile City Showdown 95, with her character being the (formerly) fat girl from Raven and Tommy Dreamer's childhood. She sprayed Dreamer with hairspray, aligning herself with Raven, and thus providing the explanation as to why Raven hated Dreamer so much, as Dreamer had apparently been mean to her when they were all at summer camp as kids. Beulah would remain with Raven until ECW House Party 96, when she claimed that she was "pregnant" and that the "baby" was Tommy's, thus turning herself face. Beulah would stay a babyface for the rest of her time in ECW, which ended when The Dudley Boys gave her the 3-D. (See Dropped A Bridge On Her below.)Here's another one for the books: Beulah was the 1st woman to do a moonsault, years before Lita and others.Hayes retired and went back to college. She and Thomas "Tommy Dreamer" Laughlin are currently married with two little Mutants of their own.Despite her ring name, she is in no way related to Joe "Michael McGillicutty"/"Curtis Axel" Hennig.As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"Beulah's Box of Tropes":
- Action Girl
- Arch-Enemy: Francine, Bill Alfonso
- As Herself: Her voice, at least, on the ECW: Hardcore Revolution video game.
- The Bus Came Back: For a cameo at ECW One Night Stand 2005, where she had one last quick brawl with Francine during the Dreamer/Sandman-Dudleys main event.
- Catfight: So, so many, often with Francine. Also had one with Sunny during the Dreamer-Jerry Lawler match at ECW Hardcore Heaven 97.
- Dropped A Bridge On Her: Written out of ECW in '98 due to a (kayfabe) broken neck at the hands of the Dudley Boys and a Dudley Death Drop.
- Improbable Weapon User: Cookie sheet, hairspray.
- Ms. Fanservice: She had appeared in Penthouse.
- Stripperiffic: Usually wore thongs, and, after busting Bill Alfonso open with her cookie sheet at ECW As Good As It Gets, she took off her top and wrestled the rest of the match in a sports bra.
- Orwellian Retcon: She had posed for Penthouse. However, because WWE had a working relationship with Playboy when the Rise & Fall of ECW DVD was released in 2004, Tommy Dreamer had to say that Beulah was a Playboy Playmate. Yes, WWE made Tommy Dreamer lie about what magazine his wife had appeared in prior to her ECW debut.
- Parts Unknown: Of a sort. For her Catfight match with Francine at ECW's August 26, 1995 show, she was billed from "The Pages of Penthouse Magazine."
- Power Stable: Raven's Nest, from ECW Hostile City Showdown in April 1995 until her face turn in January 1996.
- She Is All Grown Up: Tommy Dreamer was shocked to find out that the fat girl he'd picked on at summer camp had grown up to be so hot.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Beulah McGillicutty, not Buelah or McGillycutty.
- Talk Show with Fists: The short-lived "Beulah's Box"
- Ur-Example: Unfortunately, of the "pregnancy" angle, which would be recycled by WWE with Terri Runnels, Mae Young, Stephanie McMahon and Lita, by WCW with Ms. Hancock/Stacy Keibler and by TNA with Claire Lynch, though that one was mercifully abandoned.
- Would Hit a Girl: She took piledrivers from Dreamer, a belly-to-belly suplex from Shane Douglas, a Singapore Cane shot from Justin Credible, and, of course, the 3-D.