Chop Socky Chooks
(2008-) is a CGI cartoon about three heroes, Chick P, K.O. Joe and Chuckie Chan, protecting the citizens of Wasabi World, a shopping mall type city that is ruled by the evil Dr. Wasabi.
...Oh, and did we mention our heroes are fighting chickens?
Tropes the show includes:
- Afro Asskicker: K.O. Joe
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals: Chuckie Chan and several supporting characters.
- Big Bad: Dr. Wasabi
- Big Bad Wannabe: Kobura briefly took over in "Snake in the Class".
- Blatant Lies: In "Snakes in the Class", Dr. Wasabi claimed he always knew who the Chop Socky Chooks really were.
- The Brute: Bubba
- Casanova Wannabe: Chuckie Chan
- City of Adventure: Wasabi World
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Dr. Wasabi
- Darker and Edgier: Bantam, after disappearing for a while.
- Demonic Possession: "Big Bad Bubba!"
- Do Not Call Me Paul/That Man Is Dead: Kobura hates it when someone (especially Chuckie Chan) calls him Kobi.
- The Dragon: Bubba
- Dumb Muscle: Bubba
- Eyes Always Shut: Chuckie Chan, but that's just his pupils, he still has eyelids. And Cho.
- Foregone Conclusion
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animals: Chick P and K.O. Joe.
- Ironic Echo: In "Snake in the Class", combined with Captain Obvious:
Chick P: Looks like someone blew our cover.
K.O. Joe: No, you think?
K.O. Joe: I knew it! It was [Kobura] who blabbed our secret identities!
Chick P: No, you think?
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Only the first half of the series has ever been released in DVD. The series is somewhat difficult to find after that, though you may get lucky and get the DVD set online cheep.
- Laughably Evil
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Wasabi
- Maniac Monkeys: Dr. Wasabi's ninja chimps.
- May Contain Evil
- Mobile Fishbowl: Dr. Wasabi is a tiny shark who travels around in an astronaut-style suit filled with water.
- The Napoleon: Dr. Wasabi
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Chuckie Chan in "Snake in the Class".
"Ladies, please! One at a time!"
- Nobody Touches the Hair: K.O. Joe doesn't like anyone messing with his 'fro.
- Not Worth Killing/Thou Shall Not Kill
- Power Trio:
- Chuckie Chan (Ego)
- K.O. Joe (Id)
- Chick P (Superego)
- A Pupil of Mine Until He Turned to Evil
- Revenge: Kobura wants revenge on Chuckie Chan for making him look bad in front of their sensei, getting bitten by cobras, and banished forever.
- Rival Turned Evil: Kobi/Kobura.
- Secret Identity: Chick P (Chick Pow), K.O. Joe (J.J.), and Chuckie Chan (Sensei Chan)
- Shout Out:
- Stable Time Loop
- Status Quo Is God: "Snake in the Class"
- Tagalong Kids: Junior Chooks
- íThree Amigos!
- Three-Man Band:
- Time Travel: "Chop Socky Whoops"
- Ungrateful Bastards: Some punks throwing vegetables at K.O. Joe in "Snake in the Class".
We cannot endanger innocent bystanders
. K.O. Joe: (gotten hit by a vegetable)
Yeah, well some of them ain't all that innocent.
- Villain with Not So Good Publicity: Dr. Wasabi
- We Used to Be Friends: Chick P and Oni were best friends until Oni became Deadeye. It was revealed in "If Looks Can Kill" that she used her hypnotic powers to get Chick P's dad to sell his property to Dr. Wasabi.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Cho