Chop Socky Chooks
(2008-) is a CGI cartoon about three heroes, Chick P, K.O. Joe and Chuckie Chan, protecting the citizens of Wasabi World, a shopping mall type city that is ruled by the evil Dr. Wasabi.
...Oh, and did we mention our heroes are fighting chickens?
Tropes the show includes:
- Afro Asskicker: K.O. Joe
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: In "Snake in the Class" after the Chooks' cover is blown Chuckie is mobbed by a group of women once they know he's a wanted fugitive.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals: Chuckie Chan and several supporting characters.
- Big Bad: Dr. Wasabi
- Big Bad Wannabe: Kobura briefly took over in "Snake in the Class".
- Blatant Lies: In "Snakes in the Class", Dr. Wasabi claimed he always knew who the Chop Socky Chooks really were.
- The Brute: Bubba
- By Wall That Is Holey: Happens to Chucky and Joe when they are trapped in Wasabi's Dream World and the giant mechanical duck Mr Quackers knocks a building over on top of them.
- Casanova Wannabe: Chuckie Chan
- City of Adventure: Wasabi World
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Dr. Wasabi
- Darker and Edgier: Bantam, after disappearing for a while.
- Demonic Possession: "Big Bad Bubba!"
- Do Not Call Me Paul/That Man Is Dead: Kobura hates it when someone (especially Chuckie Chan) calls him Kobi.
- The Dragon: Bubba
- Dumb Muscle: Bubba
- Eyes Always Shut: Chuckie Chan, but that's just his pupils, he still has eyelids. And Cho.
- Foregone Conclusion
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animals: Chick P and K.O. Joe.
- Ironic Echo: In "Snake in the Class", combined with Captain Obvious:
Chick P: Looks like someone blew our cover.
K.O. Joe: No, you think?
K.O. Joe: I knew it! It was [Kobura] who blabbed our secret identities!
Chick P: No, you think?
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Only the first half of the series has ever been released in DVD. The series is somewhat difficult to find after that, though you may get lucky and get the DVD set online cheep.
- Laughably Evil
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Wasabi
- Maniac Monkeys: Dr. Wasabi's ninja chimps.
- May Contain Evil
- Mobile Fishbowl: Dr. Wasabi is a tiny shark who travels around in an astronaut-style suit filled with water.
- The Napoleon: Dr. Wasabi
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Chuckie Chan in "Snake in the Class".
"Ladies, please! One at a time!"
- Nobody Touches the Hair: K.O. Joe doesn't like anyone messing with his 'fro.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Professor Shericon's voice is an impersonation of Jimmy Stewart.
- Not Worth Killing/Thou Shall Not Kill
- Paper-Thin Disguise: No one can tell who the Chooks are despite their disguises only consisting of a different set of clothes.
- Power Trio:
- Chuckie Chan (Ego)
- K.O. Joe (Id)
- Chick P (Superego)
- A Pupil of Mine Until He Turned to Evil
- Revenge: Kobura wants revenge on Chuckie Chan for making him look bad in front of their sensei, getting bitten by cobras, and banished forever.
- Rival Turned Evil: Kobi/Kobura.
- Secret Identity: Chick P (Chick Pow), K.O. Joe (J.J.), and Chuckie Chan (Sensei Chan)
- Stable Time Loop
- Status Quo Is God: "Snake in the Class"
- Sue Donym: The Chooks' aliases are very similar to their real names.
- Tagalong Kids: Junior Chooks
- íThree Amigos!
- Three-Man Band:
- Time Travel: "Chop Socky Whoops"
- Ungrateful Bastards: Some punks throwing vegetables at K.O. Joe in "Snake in the Class".
We cannot endanger innocent bystanders
. K.O. Joe: (gotten hit by a vegetable)
Yeah, well some of them ain't all that innocent.
- Villain with Not So Good Publicity: Dr. Wasabi
- We Used to Be Friends: Chick P and Oni were best friends until Oni became Deadeye. It was revealed in "If Looks Can Kill" that she used her hypnotic powers to get Chick P's dad to sell his property to Dr. Wasabi.
- Wrench Wench: Chick P is a janitor and can often be seen carrying a wrench in her civilian life.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Cho