Chop Socky Chooks
(2008-) is a CGI cartoon about three heroes, Chick P, K.O. Joe and Chuckie Chan, protecting the citizens of Wasabi World, a shopping mall type city that is ruled by the evil Dr. Wasabi.
...Oh, and did we mention our heroes are fighting chickens?
Tropes the show includes:
- Afro Asskicker: K.O. Joe
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: In "Snake in the Class" after the Chooks' cover is blown Chuckie is mobbed by a group of women once they know he's a wanted fugitive.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals: Chuckie Chan and several supporting characters.
- Big Bad: Dr. Wasabi
- Big Bad Wannabe: Kobura briefly took over in "Snake in the Class".
- Blatant Lies: In "Snakes in the Class", Dr. Wasabi claimed he always knew who the Chop Socky Chooks really were.
- Blinding Bangs: Oni/Deadeye. When she's Oni they cover her Mad Eye, but when she's Deadeye they cover her normal eye.
- The Brute: Bubba
- By Wall That Is Holey: Happens to Chucky and Joe when they are trapped in Wasabi's Dream World and the giant mechanical duck Mr Quackers knocks a building over on top of them.
- Casanova Wannabe: Chuckie Chan
- City of Adventure: Wasabi World
- Comically Missing the Point: At the end of "The Mark of the Bantam" Bantam strongly implies that Joe is his son, but Joe remains oblivious and wonders who this son he referred to is.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Dr. Wasabi
- Darker and Edgier: Bantam, after disappearing for a while.
- Demonic Possession: "Big Bad Bubba!"
- Do Not Call Me Paul/That Man Is Dead: Kobura hates it when someone (especially Chuckie Chan) calls him Kobi.
- The Dragon: Bubba
- Dumb Muscle: Bubba
- Eyes Always Shut: Chuckie Chan, but that's just his pupils, he still has eyelids. And Cho.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: The pattern on Deadeye's catsuit invokes this, though they're not real eyes.
- Foregone Conclusion
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animals: Chick P and K.O. Joe.
- Ironic Echo: In "Snake in the Class", combined with Captain Obvious:
Chick P: Looks like someone blew our cover.
K.O. Joe: No, you think?
K.O. Joe: I knew it! It was [Kobura] who blabbed our secret identities!
Chick P: No, you think?
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Only the first half of the series has ever been released in DVD. The series is somewhat difficult to find after that, though you may get lucky and get the DVD set online cheep.
- Laughably Evil
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Wasabi
- Maniac Monkeys: Dr. Wasabi's ninja chimps.
- May Contain Evil
- Mobile Fishbowl: Dr. Wasabi is a tiny shark who travels around in an astronaut-style suit filled with water.
- The Napoleon: Dr. Wasabi
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Chuckie Chan in "Snake in the Class".
"Ladies, please! One at a time!"
- Nobody Touches the Hair: K.O. Joe doesn't like anyone messing with his 'fro.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Professor Shericon's voice is an impersonation of Jimmy Stewart.
- Not Worth Killing/Thou Shall Not Kill
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Siren Sung from "His Master's Choice" is stated to be a mermaid but is a full anthropomorphic fish.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: No one can tell who the Chooks are despite their disguises only consisting of a different set of clothes.
- In "Snake in the Class" it's explained they're relative nobodies and hardly anyone knows them in their regular civilian lives.
- Power Trio:
- Chuckie Chan (Ego)
- K.O. Joe (Id)
- Chick P (Superego)
- A Pupil of Mine Until He Turned to Evil
- Revenge: Kobura wants revenge on Chuckie Chan for making him look bad in front of their sensei, getting bitten by cobras, and banished forever.
- Rival Turned Evil: Kobi/Kobura.
- Secret Identity: Chick P (Chick Pow), K.O. Joe (J.J.), and Chuckie Chan (Sensei Chan)
- Sexy Walk: Oni/Deadeye has one.
- Stable Time Loop
- Status Quo Is God: "Snake in the Class"
- Sue Donym: The Chooks' aliases are very similar to their real names.
- Tagalong Kids: Junior Chooks
- íThree Amigos!
- Three-Man Band:
- Time Travel: "Chop Socky Whoops"
- Ungrateful Bastards: Some punks throwing vegetables at K.O. Joe in "Snake in the Class".
We cannot endanger innocent bystanders
. K.O. Joe: (gotten hit by a vegetable)
Yeah, well some of them ain't all that innocent.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Oni/Deadeye, before Wasabi led her down the dark path.
- Villain with Not So Good Publicity: Dr. Wasabi
- Wanted Poster: The Chooks share one. Their pictures intentionally depict them with unflattering facial expressions.
- We Used to Be Friends: Chick P and Oni were best friends until Oni became Deadeye. It was revealed in "If Looks Can Kill" that she used her hypnotic powers to get Chick P's dad to sell his property to Dr. Wasabi.
- Wrench Wench: Chick P is a janitor and can often be seen carrying a wrench in her civilian life.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Cho