Flint: Everything here wants to maul and/or eat you. It takes a little getting used to. On the other hand, if you happen to like lurid hellholes, this place is a magical wonderland.Snarlbear is a fantasy webcomic by Natalie Riess about Daisy Snarlbear, a young woman pulled from Earth into the Rainbow Dimension, and the people she meets and adventures she has there. Pages are usually released every Monday and Thursday, and currently is in chapter 8.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor World: The Rainbow Dimension. Almost everything is brightly colored, from the rocks to the trees to the wildlife to the people.
- Crapsaccharine World: See quote on top of the page
- Cute Bruiser: Daisy Snarlbear is no taller or bulkier than is average, but she's got the strength to throw around an opponent well larger than herself.
- Down the Rabbit Hole: Daisy reaches the Rainbow Dimension through a strangely colorful alley.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Inverted.
- Fantastic Racism: Flint is subjected to this when passing through the gates of Sapphire Town. Apparently, in the Rainbow Dimension, being grey is not good.
- Government in Exile: Narcissico
- Jumped at the Call: Daisy had dreams of being a hero in a fantasy world from the start. When she finds herself in a fantasy world, and able to fight and defeat all sorts of monsters, she's thrilled.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The only part of her name we can see in chapter 1 is the "D". The name "Daisy" is never given until Chapter 4, and even then she still uses "Snarlbear" as a surname.
- Trapped in Another World: In the first chapter, Daisy is pulled off the streets of her town into the Rainbow Dimension.
- Unicorn : Chapter 4 introduces unicorn royalty. There's the eponymous Unicorn Prince "Narcissico Indigo Floofram III and his crazy sister, along with a small glimpse at unicorn society.
- You Kill It, You Bought It: She gets the name "Snarlbear" from the beast that she killed immediately upon being pulled into the Rainbow Dimension.