KC, the beleaguered creator.Gunshow
is a web comic made by KC Green. Starting off as a small gag a day strip, the jokes became more complicated over time. Over time it has developed a spanning continuity, with some recurring characters such as the Anime Club
(who now have their own page!
), The Rabbits and The Hairy Criminal
. However it still remains a largely a gag a day comic, and knowing the continuity is largely more a Mythology Gag
than something needed to understand the comic.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Alternative Rock: If you're not sure, then it's alternative.
- Art Evolution: A couple years will do that.
- Affectionate Parody: Skylar Popcollar, and the Hairy Criminal's Tales From The Creep.
- Author Appeal: Mocked in "Piss World", where the GM of a tabletop RPG with a piss fetish keeps inserting piss-related nonsense into his game, much to the annoyance of the other two.
- Black Comedy
- Bland-Name Product: Googos Maps.
- Breakout Character: The Anime Club started as a one-off joke and grew into a rather large story and one of the more visible cast members in the entire lineup.
- Brick Joke: Comic 319 explains why the rabbit got killed in 111
- Body Horror:
- Cast of Snowflakes
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Ima. Actually, lots of people, but she stands out since she's a recurring character.
- Continuity Creep: More recent comics usually build on past comics, rather then the one off jokes the comic started with. The biggest example is the office arc, where all the office characters (Ima, Satan, etc...) and almost all the other characters (minus the Anime Club) work in the office owned by one of the rabbits, who funded the company with the bag of carrots the other rabbit's been trying to steal from him.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Literally. With a stapler.
- Dastardly Whiplash: The Villain
- Drowning My Sorrows: Where Mom is.
- Everything's Worse with Wolves: The Wolf Apocalypse.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: An Unfunny Taco Named Jeff
- Here We Go Again: The Farm House ends with the wife bringing a new husband to the house.
- Informed Flaw: The Question Hound is a massive tool.
- Intellectual Animal: Played with in Dog Problems, where the dog switches between somewhat intelligent and a regular dog.
- Literally Shattered Lives: Happens to a dog named Glassie.
- Marijuana Is LSD: This Shrek comic.
- Mind Screw: The Farm House.
- Mummy: Cummy Mummy.
- Non-Indicative Name: The Hairy Criminal isn't hairy at all.
- Off Model: Invoked with this Simpsons comic.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Inverted. Snakes tend to be overly kind. Or at the very least, polite about their transgressions.
- Rain of Blood: The Blood Cloud
- Waddling Head: The skull with sunglasses and sneakers.