Webcomic / Blade Kitten
Her tale is one of liberation. Her tail is pink.
is a webcomic by "Space Captain" Steve Stamatiadis and a 2D sidescrolling platformer developed by Krome Studios, whom Stamatiadis is co-founder and Creative Director of. It follows the adventures of a Cat Girl Bounty Hunter
named Kit Ballard.
The game starts off with Kit taking a bounty on Hollow Wish only to have her breaker key (needed for her bounty work) stolen and her ship blown up.
Not to be confused with Blade Bunny
- Action Girl
- All Just a Dream: One level takes place in a nightmare Kit has.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: 100% completion in the game earns you a costume that turns Kit into "one of the most wanted Felions in the galaxy".
- Animesque: Has a Japanese-influenced art style and uses several Anime and Manga tropes such as Luminescent Blush, Hair Colors, and of course, cat girls.
- Bounty Hunters: Known as Breakers in the Blade Kitten universe. Kit herself is one.
- Cat Girl: Kit Ballard and all Felions.
- Cats Have Nine Lives: As a reference to this trope, you get an Achievement if Kat bites the big one nine times in a level.
- Cutscene Incompetence: A lot of the early stages could've been avoided if Kit had just tackled Justice to the ground.
- Doomed Hometown: The Felion homeworld Midsun.
- Even Evil Has Standards: After Lucy sells out and betrays Kit to Axael, she's called scum and told to get out after getting her cash.
- Faceless Goons: The mooks on Stage 1 resemble Halo rejects.
- Ground Pound
- Goggles Do Nothing: Kit's goggles.
- Killer Rabbit: Skiffy
- Leet Lingo: "OMG" and "Noob" frequently appear in the webcomic.
- "Win get!"
- The Crimson Lance... err, Sollers use this a lot in the game. See 'Situation Oscar Mama Golf' and the similar 'Code: Sierra Oscar Lima'. Around the middle of the game, a Sol commander issues a 'Code Whiskey Tango Foxtrot' to his men after receiving a message Kit delivers.
- Mood Whiplash: In the game. One moment you're storming a colorful castle and the next you are in Lovecraft Country. The level after is like this as well, featuring Kit within a nightmare involving fighting and surviving against an endless horde of Darques. Then it's right back to being colorful.
- Pardon My Klingon: "Falterdan" is apparently a very naughty word in the Blade Kitten universe.
- Petting Zoo People: The Felions.
- Platforming Pocket Pal: Skiffy.
- Regenerating Health: You'll appreciate it, since there aren't any healing items.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Skiffy.
- Samus Is a Girl: Axael is actually Kagemusha's daughter.
- Skinship Grope: Yup.
- Team Pet: Skiffy
- Unusual Euphemism: Falterdan and NOINK (NOINK stands for NO Idea Noob Kid.)
- Wall Crawl: Kit can scale most walls and even "walk" (with her forelimbs) along ceilings. While she can't climb metallic walls the normal way, she can combine it with jumps to compensate.