Human Centipede: The Musical
is a comedic adaptation of The Human Centipede
. It can be viewed here.
This musical provides examples of:
- Adapted Out: Instead of Katsuro, we have Steve as the front piece of the centipede.
- Ax-Crazy: Voller.
- Break the Cutie: Steve.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Lindsay's actress "revolts" during the feeding scene. Later, she disgustedly asks why this is even a musical.
- Brick Joke: Butt cocktails.
- Calling Your Attacks: Steve cries out ďStab!Ē twice: once when he stabs Heiter, and again when he kills himself.
- Contractual Genre Blindness: Lindsay and Jenny display Genre Savviness on numerous occasions, yet they never apply it.
- Death by Adaptation: Lindsay
- Determinator: Steve.
- Driven to Suicide: Steve.
- Establishing Character Moment: Most of the main characters, especially Steve, have them.
- Evil Is Hammy: Heiter.
- Faux Affably Evil: Heiter, who explains how the human centipede will be created in song.
- For the Evulz: The reason why Heiter kills the truck driver.
- Germanic Efficiency
Lindsay: I havenít seen a street sign in a while.
Jenny: Thatís so weird. I thought Germans were supposed to be, like, really efficient.
- In Harm's Way: Kranz and Voller.
- Juggling Loaded Guns: Kranz and Voller, during their introduction.
- Keet: Steve.
- Kill 'em All
- Large Ham: Voller.
Voller: I smell danger! I want more!
- Lyrical Dissonance: Dr. Heiterís Villain Song, along with the penultimate number, an upbeat song about how everyone dies.
- Mood Whiplash: Heiter interrupts Steveís cheerful music number by drugging him and dragging him offstage.
- Musicalis Interruptus: Heiter does this to Steve and Lindsay on separate occasions.
- Narm: Lampshaded.
Narrator: This would be sad if they didnít look so amusing.
- No Dead Body Poops: Averted.
Narrator: Just so you know, everybody... you poop when you die!
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Heiter, Kranz, and Voller.
- Orphaned Punchline: During Kranz and Voller's introduction.
- Plot Hole: One lyric states, ďSteve smiled until his last teeth were goneĒ, but Steve is at the front of the centipede.
- The Pollyanna: Steve retains his cheerful demeanor even when he wakes up tied to a bed and finds out that heíll be part of a human centipede.
- Rock Bottom
Jenny: What are we gonna do? We blew a tire, and we donít know where we are! This literally could not be any worse!
Narrator: Or could it!?
- Spoof Aesop: The final song is all about this.
Everyone: Donít sew your mouth to my butt, and I wonít sew my butt to you. If we all keep out butts to ourselves, we can change the world.
- Taking You with Me: Before bleeding to death, Kranz shoots Heiter in the head.
- That's What She Said
Jenny: Weíre dangerously unprotected.
Lindsay: Thatís what she said.
- This Is Reality
Jenny: We donít know where we are, and we donít have phones, and weíre just two girls, and the horror movie really writes itself here!
Lindsay: Okay, relax. This is real life, not a horror movie.
- Title: The Adaptation
- Toilet Humor: A cornerstone of the plot.
Narrator: Poop jokes! This is art!
- Translation Convention: All of the dialogue is in English.
- Valley Girl: Lindsay and Jenny.
- Villain Song: The means through which Dr. Heiter explains the procedure.