Web Video / Girls Und Panzer Abridged
Girls Und Panzer Abridged
is the first abridged series based on the anime franchise Girls und Panzer
. Filled to the brim with drug-fueled, psychopathic characters and a severe disregard for political correctness, it is one of the more... unique... abridged series. Created by Gunmetal Stug
in 2013, he has since made five episodes, and they can be found here
Girls Und Panzer Abridged provides example of the following Tropes:
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: They can not only do everything they can do in the original series, but the Student Council President also threatens Miho with a flensing knife.
- Adaptational Villainy: The series turns Anzu into a violent, sadistic tyrant.
- The Alcoholic: Miho and Ami.
- The Alleged Tank: The Type 89 is frequently made fun of for exactly this reason.
- Angrish: Anzu on the phone in Episode 3.
- Ax-Crazy: Anzu is always one slight away from a murderous frenzy.
- Bears are Bad News: Miho's teddy bear. (Or, alternatively, Sealed Evil in a Teddy Bear)
Mr. Snugglekins: Feed me the souls of the innocent!
- In the end of episode #5, not only Mr. Snugglekins, but all the teddies in Miho's room have apparently the same or similar supernatural properties as him.
- It also seems that Mr. Snugglekins is worshiped by Anzu as some kind of evil deity.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Momo. Has to rein in Anzu's psychopathy.
- Bilingual Bonus: The German text in one of Episode 3's transitions pokes fun at a certain sub group.
- Blood Knight: Miho.
Miho: I love the smell of blood and tanks in the morning.
- Blood Lust: Anzu.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In the intro to Episode 2.
Miho: Why does this show exist?
- The Ditz: Rabbit Team. All of them.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Anzu has shades of this.
- Drunk Driver: Ami, which is even more dangerous because she does it in a tank.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Erwin and Anzu made an gingerbread Auschwitz replica, which everyone else was extremely disgusted of.
- Eagleland: Saunders appears to be firmly Type 2.
- Everyone Has Standards: The cast's reaction to Rommel's party favor (She and Anzu built an gingerbread Auschwitz replica).
- Expy: Ami is described by the creators as Sterling Archer with tits.
- Flat "What.": Momo does this frequently, due to the utter insanity of everyone around her.
- Gilligan Cut: Anzu, after betting on winning the scrimmage against Darjeeling. And immediately after that, when Saori believes they've escaped Tankery.
- HAHAHA–No: Maho gives this when Saori says Ooarai is winning the nationals.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Implied with Miho in the Christmas Special (it was taken up to Nine Thousand in episode #3, when she said, that for her, tankery is like rape that you have to enjoy half way through and that such a trauma isn't anything, that alcohol can't fix).
- I'm Going to Hell for This: The Christmas Special's description.
- Interplay of Sex and Violence: Hana likes guns. She really likes guns. Upon hearing the KwK 37 firing for the first time:
Hana: That made me so wet, you could sail a boat up me.
- Insane Troll Logic: Miho's response to Momo's speech about how her tactics suck during episode 4.
Miho: But now they have less ammo... My plan is working perfectly!
- Jive Turkey: Yukari talks like this.
- Knife Nut: Anzu threatens Miho with a flensing knife, and later uses one on Kay.
- Larynx Dissonance: Copious amounts of it.
- Never Learned to Read: Rabbit Team. Shocker.
- Noodle Incident: What happened to Oorai's tanks? Anzu certainly won't tell...
- Only Sane Man: Momo. Her exasperation is completely understandable, especially considering she's usually the one who has to clean up the mess.
- Poirot Speak: Rommel does this frequently.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Momo to Miho for the entire intro to Episode 4.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: Invoked by Anzu when Miho refuses to be a part of Oorai's Tankery team.
Anzu: Bitch, I run this school!
- Shout-Out: Quite a few, but not as many as other abridged series. Frequently references Archer, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Borderlands.
- Straight Man: Mostly Momo. Mako has qualities of this as well.
- Stuff Blowing Up: The reaction of an Oorai Academy student after seeing a video of a tank being blown up by an anti-tank missile, which suggest that the student wants to join in just to destroy tanks.
OA Student: "That looks FUCKING AWESOME!"
- Take That!: A few.
- Directed at fans of the original series.
Miho: "Why does this show exist?"
Yuzu: "Mostly so middle-aged history geeks can jerk off to tanks and high school girls at the same time."
- And at the notorious official dub.
Momo: "It's cute girls and tanks, what's the worst that can happen? Oh right. The dub. Oh, God the dub!"
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Yukari and Saori in Episode 3.
Saori: Yukari...are you doing karaoke again?
Yukari: All day everyday, bitch.
Miho: Hey Darjeeling... Money shot, bitch!
- Those Wacky Nazis: Rommel. Anzu may be one as well, or she might just join in on Rommel's schemes because she's a psycho.
- Transparent Closet: Hana exemplifies this trope.
- Understatement: This is Hana's reaction to Yukari's escape from Saunders.
Hana: "Well I just saw a person die."
- The Unintelligible: Mako, which allows others to creatively interpret what she says.
- Vocal Dissonance:
- Played for laughs with Anzu, who sounds like Christian Bale's Batman.
- Yukari's voice and mannerisms are that of a sassy African-American man.