Girls Und Panzer Abridged is the first abridged series based on the anime franchise Girls und Panzer
. Filled to the brim with drug-fueled, psychopathic characters and a severe disregard for political correctness, it is one of the more... unique... abridged series. Created by Gunmetal Stug
in 2013, he has since made four episodes, and they can be found here
Girls Und Panzer Abridged provides example of the following Tropes:
- The Alcoholic: Miho and Ami.
- The Alleged Tank: The Type 89 is frequently made fun of for exactly this reason.
- Angrish: Anzu on the phone in Episode 3.
- Bears Are Bad News: Miho's teddy bear. (Or, alternatively, Sealed Evil in a Teddy Bear)
Mr. Snugglekins: "Feed me the souls of the innocent!"
- Beleaguered Assistant: Momo. Has to rein in Anzu's psychopathy.
- Bilingual Bonus: The German text in one of Episode 3's transitions pokes fun at a certain sub group.
- Blood Knight: Miho.
Miho: "I love the smell of blood and tanks in the morning."
- Blood Lust: Anzu.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In the intro to Episode 2.
Miho: "Why does this show exist?"
- The Ditz: Rabbit Team. All of them.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Anzu has shades of this.
- Eagleland: Saunders appears to be firmly Type 2.
- Everyone Has Standards: The cast's reaction to Rommel's party favor (She and Anzu built an gingerbread Auschwitz replica).
- Expy: Ami is described by the creators as Sterling Archer with tits.
- Flat "What.": Momo does this frequently, due to the utter insanity of everyone around her.
- Gilligan Cut: Anzu, after betting on winning the scrimmage against Darjeeling. And immediately after that, when Saori believes they've escaped Tankery.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Implied with Miho in the Christmas Special.
- I'm Going to Hell for This: The Christmas Special's description.
- Interplay of Sex and Violence: Hana likes guns. She really likes guns. Upon hearing the KwK 37 firing for the first time:
Hana: That made me so wet you could sail a boat up me.
- Larynx Dissonance: Played for laughs with Anzu, who sounds like Christian Bale's Batman.
- Yukari's voice is a sassy black man.
- Poirot Speak: Rommel does this frequently.
- Never Learned to Read: Rabbit Team. Shocker.
- Noodle Incident: What happened to Oorai's tanks? Anzu certainly won't tell...
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Momo to Miho for the entire intro to Episode 4.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: Invoked by Anzu when Miho refuses to be a part of Oorai's Tankery team.
Anzu: Bitch, I run this school!
- Shout-Out: Quite a few, but not as many as other abridged series. Frequently references Archer, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Borderlands.
- Straight Man: Mostly Momo. Mako has qualities of this as well.
- Stuff Blowing Up: The reaction of an Oorai Academy student after seeing a video of a tank being blown up by an anti-tank missile, which suggest that the student wants to join in just to destroy tanks.
OA Student: "That looks FUCKING AWESOME!"
- Take That: A few.
Directed at fans of the original series.
Miho: "Why does this show exist?"
Yuzu: "Mostly so middle-aged history geeks can jerk off to tanks and high school girls at the same time."
And at the notorious official dub.
Momo: "It's cute girls and tanks, what's the worst that can happen? Oh right. The dub. Oh, God the dub!"
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Yukari and Saori in Episode 3.
Saori: "Yukari...are you doing karaoke again?"
: "All day everyday, bitch."
"Money shot, bitch!"
- Those Wacky Nazis: Rommel and Anzu.
- Transparent Closet: Hana exemplifies this trope.