Web Video: Gargoyles Abridged
"Long ago lived the time of quality broadcasting, when staying up late on Friday and getting up early of staturday was rewarded with three dimensional characters and fully emersable plots. These were the days of my kind.
We are the defenders of Late Night Television, and Saturday Morning Cartoons. We! Are! GARGOYLES!"In 2009, Hbi2k made a contest: Made the first episode in an Abridged Series for shows that havn't been made yet, ones whose name's start with the Letter G and do it in a week. Many wannabe abridgers like EvilChicken25 answered the call, but the winner was... Not this show. Still, Gargoyles came in third, and EvilChicken decided to keep going.
— Goliath, the Abridged Series Promo.
- Aesop: Episode 6 delivered one in the most hilariously over the top manner possible
- Art Evolution: After Limeycriket and Omahdon joined the cast respectively as Elisa Maza and THE David Xanatos, the rest of the audio for the episode also seemed to jump in quality.
- Added bonus? Omahdon is also known as Edwyn Tiong, who has plenty of experience playing this character type.
- All of the Other Reindeer: The Captain of the Guard cites this as his reason for betrating Wyvrn.
- Ax-Crazy: Hyena, whose dialogue consists mainly of asking Fox if she can kill something (including fans)
- Badass Grandpa: Wolf
- Bad Bad Acting: Ya know, Xanatos and his Goon Squad really need to grasp the concept of "Less Is More" when in the middle of a scam.
- Barry White: Evil Chicken just couldn't resist the reference.
- Completely Missing the Point: Jackal; whose first comment upon seeing a picture of Goliath is a comment about his (Goliath's) hair.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: Goliath does not seem to mind at all when Demona used magic to force him to have sex with her.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Hakkon killed eight guys getting in, and even he thinks the Captain's reason for what he did was cold.
- Evil Laugh: Xanatos and Demona share a rare moment of classical cliched villainy.
- Xanatos and Owen do this in Episode 6
- Homage: Whether by design or by chance, Demona sounds a little bit like Mai Valentine.
- I Do Not Own: The editor would like to say that the video was acquired legally, and you are encouraged to do the same. Otherwise you answer to the Mouse and the Duck. ...And the Dog.
- AND MAGNETOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
- Land Downunder: Invoked. Dingo is contractually obligated to act like an Aussie stereotype
- Large Ham: Goliath.
- Larynx Dissonance: Elisa, whenever she's voiced by Evil Chicken, is given the Miss Piggy treatment.
- Demona isn't even given a halfway-attempted feminine voice.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: One shows up to remind the viewer that yes, "blast your soul" was actual dialogue from the show.
- Oh with the sneaking!!!
- Only Sane Man: Dingo; the only reason he doesn't get to act sensibly is because his contract seems to state that he has to do what Fox says while saying nothing but "Australia-isms."
- Overly Long Gag: Episode Three. Wall climbing.
- Power Perversion Potential: The first thing Demona does when she puts that spell on Goliath is to make him have sex with her.
- Psycho for Hire: Hyena
- Reality Ensues: The Gargoyles easily tear through the deathtraps at Pack-Media studios because they aren't real.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: REVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Seriously, that seems to be Goliath's "I'll help you" button.
- Rule of Three: REVEEEE-!!! "Oh would you cut that out!!"
- Running Gag: REVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- "Damn you, irony!"
- "Blast my soul!"
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: Defied. Elisa is about to say something along those lines, but the narrator cuts her off."Killjoy."
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Jackal
- Shout-Out: "I'll put on some Barry White and make a few jello shots and...WAIT, WHO'S ELISA?!"
- Skewed Priorities: Lampshaded.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Using actual dialogue from the show, Demona tells Brooklyn that learning more about humanity will "blast his soul," which he says is a weird expression but which she defensively says people say all the time. Several other characters then use versions of it throughout the rest of the episode.
- Surfer Dude: Brooklyn sounds a bit like this. Less drug references than usually applies the the stereotype in Abridged Series though.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Xanatos does this quite a bit."Oh dear! Mysterious soldiers that I have never seen before and whom are clearly not on my payroll! Whatever shall I do?""I am totally not evil."
- Tempting Fate: Happens a lot to poor Hakon. Never ends well.
- Travelling at the Speed of Plot: Spoofed. Climbing up half a skyscraper takes a while.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Everything, Hakon.