And the knifing, and the hurting, and the senseless violence, already!"
- Used in the first episode of Berserk Abridged.
- Used in a recent Ben 10 abridged series.
- Quite a few times in Dragon Ball Z abridged movies done by I Touched Yusuke in the precursor team-up to Team Four Star.
- Yusuke in Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged: X = flying.
- Ranma Abridged with Ryoga. "Oy, with the boobs, and the shirt, and the woah!"
- And then in a later episode: "With the boot, and the face, and the pain..."
- The Abridging of Haruhi Suzumiya: Kyon yells the 'running' version of this as Haruhi drags him out of the classroom, complete with a Super Mario Bros. soundtrack.
- Code Geass: The Abridged Series has this happen a few times, with Shirley declaring "Oh God With The Falling" when Milly declares the cat-catching contest and the "prize", while Suzaku has several, one in the flashback involving being shot, and another being hit the scene-changing screen after Lelouch gets fed up with Suzaku not getting his hint.
- The Third Hokage from Naruto The Abridged Comedy Spoof Series Show uses this when Iruka shows up to bother him one time too many. "God, always with the talking from you."
- Used overtly by Uncle Iroh in Avatar: The Abridged Series. "Alright, alright! Enough, with the vining [whining], already!"
- In Hellsing Ultimate Abridged, the German soldiers are very glad Rip Van Winkle is no longer going on about the ponies, and the friendship, and the wrapping up of the winter.
- Brian Michael Bendis sometimes writes Spider-Man (who grew up a Lutheran) like this. "Grenades! Oy with the grenades!"
- In the fourth An American Tail movie The Mystery of the Night Monster, one of the villain's cat underlings talks like Jerry Lewis.
- Anastasia: Bartok's response when Rasputin's phylactery's starts to react to Anastasia's presence, whom the undead sorcerer swore to kill.
Bartok: "Okay, okay, I get the message! Enough already with the glowing and the smoke people!"
- At the end of Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal (Det Sjunde Inseglet), the actor Jof sees a vision of the knight and his family doing a dance of death. His wife, Mia, turns to him and says "You with your visions and dreams."
- The Sunshine Boys - "Again with the finger!?" This line got picked up and used on MST3K several times.
- Occasionally shows up in the speech patterns of the younger characters on Buffy the Vampire Slayer — Willow and Xander primarily, although others employ it as well.
- Every episode of the short-lived WB sitcom Alright Already had a title which was some variant of "Again with the ______ ".
- Firefly used this now and again, usually from Wash.
"You with the bathing, me with the watching you bathe.."
- When Lorelai Gilmore, from Gilmore Girls, speculates about the most inherently funny phrase in the world to help her through a boring family dinner, she finally settles on "Oy, with the poodles, already!"
- The West Wing, when Josh is babbling apologetically to Amy about how he never learned to be good at relationships. "You know what? Maybe not so much for you with the talking." *kiss*
- Kevin Pollak had a one-hour HBO comedy special titled "Stop With the Kicking!" The title came from Pollak's discussion of nascent action "star" Jeff Speakman:
What kind of a name for an action hero is Jeff Speakman?! It's the Kung Fu Jew! Oh oy! I would throw a kicking move and go "Oh my back, oh my back, wait, wait, wait, stop with the kicking! Stop! Wait a second! Wait awhile."
- Invoked on The Daily Show when Jon Stewart is talking about corrupt Illinois ex-governor Rod Blagojevich. He can't pronounce his name without dissolving into a Jerry Lewis impression.
- Used occasionally on Mystery Science Theater 3000, in particular during The Beast of Yucca Flats, after comparing Tor Johnson's lumbering beast to a "meshugene grandfather."
- Doctor Who has Madam Kovarian utter a variation on this: "The flirting, do I have to watch this?".
- Also, in the 50th Anniversary special : "Again with the pointing!" from the War Doctor.
- And the Twelfth Doctor: "No, no, not the hugging, I am against the hugging!"
- Al over the PA in Ratchet: Deadlocked: "Ratchet, I know you're busy with the killing and the hurting..."
- Kang the Mad in Jade Empire uses this—he refers to you "with the punching and the kicking," and admonishes that he'd've preferred more explosions.
- World of Warcraft, with its often creative names for its quests, has "Again With the Zapped Giants" among others.
- In Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Phoenix has been taking quite a bit of abuse from Franziska von Karma's whip. When his mentor Mia adds a bit of tongue-lashing to the mix, Phoenix replies:
Phoenix: Mia, not you too! With the whip... and the pain... and the owww...
- In The Curse of Monkey Island, if the player doesn't have Guybrush saw off the plank the first time he boards the Sea Cucumber, and then gets walked off the plank, he will climb on board the ship after sawing off the plank and get this exchange after monkeys surround him again:
Mr. Fossey: [irritated] AGAIN with the sneaking on board the ship! I don't know how or why you came back on board... but the next time you walk the plank will be your last!
- Homestar Runner had Strong Bad begin answering "other days," one of his sbemails, with "Again with the 'Dear Strong Bad'..."
- 8-Bit Theater frequently uses this gag when someone is getting horribly stabbed, burned, dismembered, or otherwise violently killed off panel.
- Awkward Zombie did it in this comic.
- Strip 100 of Questionable Content had Marten saying "Please don't make with the killing!" in response to seeing Faye topless.
- Schlock Mercenary has the Aqueousci, humans who grew up underwater on Celeschuul speaking Galstandard Peroxide. When they leave the water and start speaking Galstandard West, they sound like this trope.
- Used by Pilz-E a lot in Neurotically Yours.
- In the first episode of Monkey Ninjas:
(after Carl defeats a monster in the kitchen)Phil: Oi! What's with all the yelling and the cooking and the pan-smacking? It's 8 AM!Carl: You sound like you swallowed a rabbi.
- According to Topfive.com, the number one Jewish Country Western song is "Alright, Already, Stop With the Infidelity!"
- Mister Magic, a superhero from the Global Guardians PBEM Universe whose mystic power is based on the Hebrew Kaballah, often speaks in this manner.
- The Nostalgia Critic does this (albeit in the midst of a Jerry Lewis impression) in his Dungeons & Dragons review.
- Mister Director from Animaniacs, and Paul Rugg in general.
Mr. Director: Oh, cute little children with the puppy dog faces!
Mr. Director: Hoyl! How'd you! With the going! You were there but here now! You are! For me to see! How'd you do!?Yakko: Did you get any of that?Wakko: I believe he said, "Hoyl! How'd you! With the going! You were there but here now! You are! For me to see! How'd you do!?"Yakko: Thanks for clearing that up.
- An even more elaborate example:
- In his more zany moments, the title character of Freakazoid! (who is also voiced by Paul Rugg) has a tendency to slip into a Jerry Lewis impersonation.
- Prof. Frink in The Simpsons, mostly because the voice actor based him on Jerry Lewis' character in the "Nutty Professor". Jerry Lewis was cast as Prof. Frink's father in a Halloween Special.
- In "Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy", Frink drinks a mixture made by Grampa Simpson and he immediately transforms into a Buddy Love-esque guy.
- In "Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie," the family sees a preview for Star Trek XII: So Very Tired, in which Captain Kirk is informed that the Klingons are approaching. He sighs and says, "Again with the Klingons."
- Shelton Klutzberry, another character vocally based on Jerry Lewis, says this sort of thing in The Replacements.
- Zoidberg and the other Decapoidians talk this way on Futurama, being Space Jews.
- Mort Goldman in Family Guy occasionally does this.
- In one episode, Mojo Jojo of The Powerpuff Girls repeatedly describes the foiling of his plan as "The dogs, the biting, the dropping."
- In Codename: Kids Next Door, Numbuh 5's entire family does this almost constantly. Her mother does it in French. What with her father being a homage to Bill Cosby, with the obliviousness, and the parenting, and d'oh, you know what I'm talking about!
- In one episode of Histeria that focused on the Louisiana Purchase and the Lewis and Clark Expedition, Lewis and Clark get crushed by a canoe they're carrying. Lewis says, "stop with the heavyness already!" in a very annoying voice.
- Due to a short-circuit, Larry 3000 from Time Squad behaves like a drunk person, leading to this exchange in front of many French people:
Larry: He-LLO FRI-ENDS! Oh, the nice French people, with the funny language, and the talking, with the "Oui oui, poo poo, ah hah hah hah, oh mon cheri, french fries"... woah! Hey LA-dy!Buck: *laughs* Hey, that's a pretty good Dean Martin.Otto: *attempting to pull Larry away* Come on, Larry...Larry: Oh please, kind sir, with the grabbing of the arm... Oh with the hurrying...
- Kim Possible villain Dr. Drakken gets this response to one of his plans:
Drakken: Suppose you outnumbered her... Suppose there was an army of you against one of her.
Shego: Oh, no. Again with the cloning?!
- Invader Zim: Professor membrane is disappointed with his son's incessant necromancy.
Membrane: Always with the dead that boy.
- Gravity Falls When Stan gets arrested via SWAT teams and helicopters.
"What did I do that warrants this much arresting!
Oy, enough with the troping and the editing and the categorizing of all the fiction already!