Web Video: Dub Of The North Star
The Abridged Series
(without being called one) version of the anime and manga series Fist of the North Star
by Weekly Tube Show
. That is all. Currently has 4 episodes. Cancelled as of September 3rd 2013, with Remix Sprites
announcing on Facebook that he will no longer work on anime parodies.
You can find it on Weekly Tube Show's Channel
The series has the following tropes:
- The Abridged Series: Essentially, this is what it is.
- Acrofatic: Heart, he jumps down a mountain when going after Ken, does two twirls, and lands on his feet. However, he does complain about the exhertion afterwards.
- Affably Evil: Heart is surprisingly genial and pleasant, which is in line with his portrayal in the original anime. Of course, he's also a cannibal.
- Bad Boss: Shin. He kills two mooks who managed to not get exploded by Ken, because Yuria overheard them saying Ken is alive.
- Brick Joke: "My body requires nutrients".
- Call Back: Deleted scenes of episode 3 shown Bat in the same situation as Kenshiro from episode 1. There's also calling Lin a sandwich. Kenshiro mentioned eating dirt for 2 years.
- Cannot Tell a Joke: Kenshiro seriously cannot tell a joke.
- At least, he can't tell jokes that don't use the death of someone he just fought as a punchline.
- The Comically Serious: Kenshiro
- Crowning Momentof Funny: With only 4 episodes, the series managed to be packed full of hilarious moments.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Kenshiro hands down. He is always hungry to the point of seeing Lin as a sandwich and Bat's Paper-Thin Disguise as a big fat chicken. There's also paralyzing "The Deli Master" for his sandwiches.
- Deadpan Snarker: Kenshiro's this at a more considerable level than the original series.
- Disney Villain Death: Diamond's impact to the ground actually kills him. Then he is put into a dumpster.
- Eye Scream: Ken blinds Spade with one of his own arrows.
- Also, one of the people from Lin's village stares into the sun after being rescued from Hearts gang, and his eyes start to bleed.
Ken: Don't stare at the sun, it doesn't like being looked at!
Man: I think my eyes are bleeding
- Family-Unfriendly Death: Nearly everyone Ken uses Fist Of the North Star on, but special mention goes to Spade, who has his arms broken, before completely disintegrating, Club, who is essentially folded over his own spine, and Heart, who graphically explodes and, its implied, is then eaten by Ken. Diamond luckily didn't lose his head like in the original anime, but he falls to his death, rather.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: We have General Ivan and Takahata101 of Team Four Star as Shin and Heart respectively.
- Kiai: Done very impressively in English.
- Kevlard: Heart is too fat for Ken's attacks to affect him, until Ken simply kicks all his fat out of the way to reach his pressure point.
- I Am A Humanitarian: Heart. Then Kenshiro suggests eating Heart's exploded corpse.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Spade's mooks make fun of him when he loses his eye in his first fight with Kenshiro.
- Insult Backfire: Between Yuria and Shin
Yuria: You have a small dick.
Shin: YOU have a large vigina!!
- Then Joker joins in wanting a medium coke.
- Intelligible Unintelligible: Heart is... hard to understand half the time. You can clearly hear half of his sentences.
- Lemony Narrator: The Greek Chorus kind. In the first episode, he refers to the entire setting as "this unbearably silly shit".
- Ludicrous Gibs: Lampshaded by Bat in episode 3's prologue:
Bat: (After seeing Spade explode) Woooooooooooooow... That was... Excessive violence.
- Monster Clown: Diamond. Ken calls him "the guy with all the stupid shit on his face".
- Only Sane Man: Bat, Yuria, Shin, Zeed, Spade, and Diamond
- Muscles Are Meaningless: They are when you're facing down The Fist Of the North Star anyway, they're still pretty useful for terrorizing the weak and helpless.
- Oh, Crap: When Diamond tears Ken's shirt with his staff and reveals his scars, we get this exchange.
Ken: Thats not nice.
Bat: Oh great, NOW you've done it...
- Spade's reaction with his second encounter with Ken.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: Kenshiro is fond of these.
Ken: Did you like my joke?
Ken: What part didn't you like?
Club: Oh, I don't know, how about the part WHERE YOU BROKE MY FUCKING BACK?!
Ken: No. We haven't gotten to that part yet.
Ken: Which one of you n***as wants to hear a motherf***ing joke? *cracks fists*
- Take a Third Option: When Bat goes to Spade's hideout, he holds up guns, dildoes and a wind-up mouse. He choose the mouse to distract a Mook.
- Tranquil Fury: Kenshiro destroys his clothes twice when he saw how fat Heart is and when Heart said he got his food from "people".
- Would Hurt a Child: Kenshiro would actually hurt Bat as he was annoying him in episode 1's original jail scene, tell him "You know if I hit you in a certain spot, I'll make you explode for real?"
- He also was gonna find something to bludgeon him with.
- Wham Line: Heart: "Uh, no, I eat the people".