The following will spoil the ending of Flowers for Algernon
Think about it. At the end of Flowers for Algernon
, Charlie moved out of New York. Since this was an attempt to move somewhere where people didn't know him, he may have changed his last name to Kelly. He then got a job at Paddy's Pub (also cleaning), and he kills rats because they remind him of what he can remember of Algernon. He didn't remember his parents, so he probably met up with his "mother", who thinks Charlie is her real son because she's, well, crazy. Since Charlie's memory was decreasing, everything said about his past in the show was probably just made up by him, and everybody in the show plays along out of pity. The most clear evidence of this theory are Charlie's impossibly bad spelling, not to mention the fact that he's already borderline retarded.
- They did a Flowers for Algernon parody in season 9 with Charlie. The treatment was actually an experiment to see how he and the gang would react if Charlie thought he had become smarter.
The finale will be exceedingly dark and humorless and will be about the group realizing that Dennis is a serial killer
- Or, it will be the funniest episode. The gang will still realize Dennis is a serial killer, though.
- Is there something to back this up or is this just REALLY Wild Mass Guesing?
- It's more about the "IMPLICATION"
- Dennis being an implied serial killer is somewhat of a running gag on the show, and it's been hinted at repeatedly, especially in the season finale of season seven.
The Gang's flanderization is a result of their deteriorating mental health.
Green Man is Charlie's "safe" persona created to cope with being molested
- Charlie mentions that being "Green Man" got him through vaguely reference some rough times. Like say, being molested by his uncle.
- He's a complete sociopath, a controlling neat freak, a witty deadpan snarker, and an implied serial killer. He even has the taste for eighties music.
- The McPoyles will come back for one last revenge scheme, and as they kill the gang, also end up killing themselves. Then Rickey Cricket comes out of nowhere and thinks it's a sign from God, only to have something fall and kill him too.
The Waitress' name is Nicki Potnick.
- We know Nicki is a girl and Frank took her nametag. We know the Waitress couldn't find hers. The fact that the Gang knows of Nicki and apparently hung out with her in high school would be utterly in character with their forgetfulness of... everything about the Waitress.
- Jossed in a Tweet from Glenn Howerton.
Mac isn't really gay. He's just confused and the writers are just messing with us
- I think people on message boards started to pick up ambiguously gay cues with Mac and the writers decided to hint more strongly at it just for fun
"the thing is, I kind of hate women"
The gang will eventually kill Cricket
- And they'll make sure someone else is blamed for it.