Video Game / The Twilight Forest
The Twilight Forest
is one of the largest Game Mods
. It adds a new Realm along with the Overworld and the Nether: the Twilight Forest. The Twilight Forest is a vast forest where it's always dusk, but never fully day or night. A titanic canopy blocks out the sky, strange beasts roam the land, dungeons are scattered across the land. There's treasure to find, monsters to slay, and other such good stuff.
The Twilight Forest contains examples of:
- Animate Inanimate Object: Death Tomes are living books.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The various types of Spiders and Beetles, as well as Towerwood Borers.
- Bubblegloop Swamp: Swamps. Fire Swamps mix this with Lethal Lava Land.
- Elite Mook: Several ordinary Minecraft mobs and mobs within the mod have tougher versions of them.
- Redcap Sappers, Goblin Knights, and Block And Chain Goblins for Redcap Goblins.
- Hedge Spiders and King Spiders for Swarm Spiders and Carminite Broodlings.
- Maze Slimes for Slimes.
- Carminite Ghastlings and Carminite Ghastguards for Ghasts.
- Towerwood Borers for Silverfish.
- Ice Cores and Unstable Ice Cores for Blazes.
- Elaborate Underground Base: Labyrinths and Goblin Strongholds.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Ur-Ghast. Take a normal Ghast (which mind you, qualifies as eldritch on their own), make it at least 3x bigger and give it even more tentacles, the ability to launch clusters of fireballs and to weep acidic tears.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: There are Penguins that live on top of the Glaciers. They don't really do anything, but they're adorable.
- Evil Tower of Ominousness: Lich Towers. Dark Towers are a variation that happens to be bright red and on fire.
- Flunky Boss:
- The Lich summons in zombies during his boss battle.
- The Snow Queen spawns in Ice Crystals to attack the player during the fight with her.
- Fungus Humongous: There are Mushroom Glades that contain Giant Mushrooms.
- There's even giant castles made of mushrooms. They're still a work in progress right now though; if you go inside one you'll be very disappointed.
- Giant Spider: Now in a variety of different flavours. Collect them all!
- Glass Weapon: The Glass Sword, a weapon that deals 40 damage. Once.
- Golem: Carminite-powered ones are found in the Dark Towers.
- The Hedge of Thorns: The Thornlands.
- Ice Palace: The Aurora Palace where the Snow Queen resides
- King Mook: King Spiders and the Ur-Ghast.
- The Legions of Hell: The Carminites.
- Lethal Lava Land: Fire Swamps. Dark Towers are these turned into vertical structures.
- A Load of Bull: The Minotaurs who live in the Labyrinths.
- The Lost Woods: They were definitely going for the aesthetic of a mystic fairy tale wood, and it works. It actually contains several biomes, most representing a different flavor of the Lost Woods. The regular twilight forest, enchanted forests, mushroom forests, snowy forests, dark forests...
- Mage Tower: The location where the Lich resides.
- The Maze: Hedge Mazes and Labyrinths.
- Mystery Meat: Experiment 115, a strange, cake-like food found in the Dark Towers. When placed and dusted with redstone, it regenerates into a full "cake" over time.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Wraiths just sort of float around and damage you if you come to close. They also wear crowns for some reason.
- The Knight Phantoms on the other hand are no slouch.
- Our Goblins Are Different: There are Goblins who live in the Hollow Hills. They come in to types: Redcaps and Redcap Sappers. Goblin Knights live inside underground strongholds.
- Our Liches Are Different: The Liches are really just humanoid enemies with a few fancy abilities.
- Our Monsters Are Weird: Is there any particular reason to have a Minotaur that's half Mooshroom instead of Cow? Uh... not really.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The Naga and the Hydra certainly are.
- Ruins for Ruins' Sake: Ruins can often be found and usually contain a chest with items.
- Scenery Porn: OH YES.
- Schmuck Bait: You see that cube in the Ur-Ghast's tower? The one that has redstone blocks to push in? It makes diamond and gold blocks! Until you realize that you can't mine the blocks... and the room starts to disintegrate around you...
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: The Snowy Forests and Glaciers.
- Totem Pole Trench: The Goblin Knights are actually two small goblins stacked on top of each other.
- The Undead: Skeletal Druids, Wraiths, and the Lich.
- The Very Definitely Final Dungeon: The aptly named Final Castle. Not that there's any boss yet.
- Wolfpack Boss: The Knight Phantoms are fought in a group of 6.