The Twilight Forest
is one of the largest and possibly one of the best Game Mods
. It adds a new Realm along with the Overworld and the Nether: the Twilight Forest. The Twilight Forest is a vast forest where it's always dusk, but never fully day or night. A titanic canopy blocks out the sky, strange beasts roam the land, dungeons are scattered across the land. There's treasure to find, monsters to slay, and other such good stuff.
The Twilight Forest contains examples of:
- Animate Inanimate Object: Death Tomes are living books.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The various types of Spiders and Beetles, as well as Towerwood Borers.
- Bubblegloop Swamp: Swamps. Fire Swamps mix this with Lethal Lava Land.
- Elite Mook / Metal Slime
- Redcap Sappers, Goblin Knights, and Block And Chain Goblins for Redcap Goblins.
- Swarm Spiders, Hedge Spiders, King Spiders, and Carminite Broodlings for Spiders.
- Maze Slimes for Slimes, Mistwolves for Wolves.
- Carminite Ghastlings and Carminite Ghastguard for Ghasts.
- Towerwood Borers for Silverfish.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: There are Penguins that live on top of the Glaciers. They don't really do anything, but they're adorable.
- Evil Tower of Ominousness: Lich Towers. Dark Towers are a variation.
- Flunky Boss: The Lich will summon Zombies.
- Fungus Humongous : There are Mushroom Glades that contain Giant Mushrooms.
- Giant Spider: Now in a variety of different flavours. Collect them all!
- Goddamn Bats: Many creatures could qualify, but Mosquito Swarms take the cake.
- Golem: These are used by the Carminites.
- King Mook: King Spiders. The Ur-Ghast could count as well.
- The Legions of Hell: The Carminites.
- Lethal Lava Land: Dark Towers are this as a structure.
- A Load of Bull: The Minotaurs who live in the Labyrinths.
- The Lost Woods: They were definitely going for the aesthetic of a mystic fairy tale wood, and it works.
- Mage Tower: These are a naturally generating structure. The Lich lives at the top.
- The Maze: Hedge Mazes and Labyrinths.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Wraiths just sort of float around and damage you if you come to close. They also wear crowns for some reason.
- Our Goblins Are Different: There are Goblins who live in the Hollow Hills. They come in to types: Redcaps and Redcap Sappers. Goblin Knights are a work in progress.
- Our Liches Are Different: The Liches are really just humanoid enemies with a few fancy abilities.
- Our Monsters Are Weird: Is there any particular reason to have a Minotaur that's half Mooshroom instead of Cow? Uh...not really.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The Naga and the Hydra certainly are.
- Scenery Porn: OH YES.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: The Snowy Forests and Glaciers.
- The Undead: Skeletal Druids, Wraiths, Liches.