Video Game / Final Combat
is a Chinese Hero Shooter
still in development that draws quite a bit of inspiration from other FPSes. The official site
is once again open to non-Chinese IPs, but you can also still read (most of) the news from this
To avoid the Internet Backdraft
, there will be no further description. This page is here to collect tropes, not fan the Flame War
on either side of the debate.
- Abnormal Limb Rotation Range: The Ragdoll Physics occasionally results in this after a player gets killed. (Freeze frame, complete with Panty Shot.)
- Allegedly Free Game: Crafting, hats, accessories, upgraded weapons...this game has lots of revenue enhancing devices.
- The Ace: The Striker.
- Ace Pilot: Available as an alternate skin for the Rocket.
- Acceptable Breaks from Reality: Even the thin wood or a bunch of wheatgrass won't burn down or destroy them.
- Artificial Limbs: The Rocket's alternate skin (Divine Fist) & The Mechanism's left arm in all incarnations.
- All There in the Manual: The official site has articles discussing information about the characters not available anywhere else.
- Almighty Janitor: In the original Fatman's backstory, he sold fish on the Gulf of Mexico before the Deep Horizon oil spill; of characters from non-military/mercenary backgrounds, we also have people from walks of life such as former Sad Clown, Parkour expert, Idol Singer, Adventurer Archaeologist, and so on.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Well not just ordinary reskins; the rarer the skin, the more buffs that apply on that skin.
- Ax-Crazy: The Rocket.
- Badass Army: Each side has one.
- Badass Boast/Catch-Phrase: Every class has one—even the alternate skins have their own quotes.
- Badass Mustache: The Rocket leader has a rather Hitler-esque one in his class' promotional video.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: 1 of the map is technically this, unless the Firebat equip alien skin or Fatman equip space helmet.
- Betting Mini-Game: Instead of leveling up in the usual way, you can try at Machine Slots to obtain hats, accessories, and weapons. The shoot the cans game is for obtainable weapons only, or rarely, Gold-themed weapons.
- The Big Guy: The Fatman in all his incarnations.
- Bifauxnen: The Mechanism's current appearance.
- Brand X: The Fatman listens to a "Portable Dictator" in his promotional video and the Sniper uses a "SNIPER GUN" brand sniper rifle.
- Breakable Weapons: Other than default weapons in stock & upgraded weapons purchased from store which can't upgrade, all weapons will degrade after each successful hit and you have to use game currency to repair them.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Upgraded weapons (which expire after a certain amount of time) can be purchased with real world money.
- But Thou Must!: This survey is so oblivious.
- Captain Obvious: The Sniper's sniper rifle is labeled "Sniper gun", as if we couldn't figure that out already.
- Cold Sniper: The Sniper. The description for one of the alternate versions even uses the term verbatim.
- Color-Coded Item Tiers: All of the weapons and cosmetics have grade. White (default, 1 star) > Green (2 stars) > Teal (3 stars) > Violet (4 stars) > Orange (5 stars) > Red (6 stars) is canonical order of rarity. No aura (Level 1-3) > Green aura (Level 4-6) > Teal aura (Level 7-9) > Pink aura (Level 10-12) > Orange aura (Level 13-15) > Rainbow aura (Level 16) is canonical order of grade level.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer: Red team versus Blue team, except in the character class introduction videos, where it's edited to look like there's quite a bit of team-killing going on.
- Cosmetic Award: Starting Horoscope Armor Update, 4 stars and above of certain hats, costumes, weapons & accessories will have set bonuses.
- Cowboy Cop: Available as an alternate skin for the Sniper and the Mechanism.
- Clothing Damage: Hats and accessories accumulate damage that can't be healed except via respawn, though the stats associated with them aren't affected.
- Cutscene Power to the Max: This trailer, like all trailers, exaggerate's each class's abilities: Striker can backflip to evade rockets, Fatman's bullets can penetrate through wood, and Sniper's good at hand-to hand combat. However, they don't have any of these skills in the game.
- The Engineer: The Mechanism.
- Fake Balance: Due to weapons, clothes, accessories & hats can Level Up, making some of them immune to afterburn, their weapons can cause afterburn, etc.
- The Fighting Narcissist: The Striker.
- Friend to All Children: The Fatman.
- Gadgeteer Genius: The Mechanism.
- Gentle Giant: The Fatman.
- Gratuitous English: All of the characters have (occasionally inaccurately translated) English names even in the original version; the Sniper's rifle has "SNIPER GUN" taped to its side; and the Navy Seal version of the Striker wears a "SEAL" chestplate.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: According to flavor text, the Striker, the Paratrooper, and the Navy Seal; the Rockstar and the Racer.
- Horny Devil: Available as an alternate skin for the Sniper.
- Incredibly Obvious Bomb: The bomb being planted in demolition mode is a bundle of dynamite; an alarm clock serves as the timer.
- Item Crafting: Weapons, hats, accessories, & skins can be buffed by crafting. There's a chance to level down if you didn't buy a special accessory to prevent that.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Mecha!: The Boss Battle
- It's Raining Men: The Paratrooper version of the Striker.
- Left the Background Music On: In the Sniper's and the Fatman's promotional videos, the "background music" is actually being provided by a radio and a portable audiocassette player respectively.
- Le Parkour: Practiced by the Traceur version of the Striker.
- Low-Level Advantage: The lower level based on your total gameplay time & progress, the higher chance you will get something better in Lucky Draw.
- Macross Missile Massacre: The Fatman's cannon.
- The Medic: The Nurse.
- Mercy Invincibility: Everyone spawns with a few seconds worth.
- Monster Clown: The original Firebat.
- Also implied to be a Sad Clown due to his rough life at the circus with an abusive boss.
- Musical Assassin: The Firebat has an unlockable guitar that attacks via music notes.
- Nice Hat: Cosmetic (an occasionally not merely cosmetic) cranial attachments are available for purchase in the in-game store.
- Non-Standard Character Design: The Nurse has a much more Animesque design than the other classes.
- Noodle Incident: According to the biography on the website, Office Lady Sniper shot Riot Police Fatman during an "Occupy Wall Street"-type demonstration.
- Not Completely Useless: Revival coins are mostly useless outside of Boss Mode, due to the option to respawn in 1 second.
- Office Lady: The original Sniper.
- Out of focus: The Nurse & The Mechanism at main forum's class discussion. The Mechanism's discussion doesn't have its own discussion subtopic due to the fact that it's the newest class to be unveiled.
- Permanently Missable Content: Certain costumes, weapons, hats and accessories have a limited time to obtain, and when you do, they are susceptible to the same item degredation mechanics as anything else.
- Pirate: Available as an alternate skin for the Rocket, the Sniper & the Mechanism.
- Playboy Bunny: You can turn the Sniper into one with the right accessories.
- The Rock Star: Available as an alternate skin for the Firebat.
- Scary Black Man: Available as an alternate skin for the Fatman.
- Sound Track Dissonance: The Fatman enjoys classical opera while on the job, whether that be butchering fish or other people.
- Splash Damage: The Rocket's Sticky Launcher & The Striker's Grenade Launcher are the only weapons have this effect.
- Spy Catsuit: Available as an alternate skin for the Sniper. Also comes with free Absolute Cleavage.
- Standard Status Effects: So far Fire element only.
- Stat-O-Vision: Literally anyone can see each other's name & health.
- Stationary Wings: Available for purchase as cosmetic additions.
- The Syndicate: Several classes have ties to some sort of mafia/gang/triad/etc.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: In beta version, enemies are always listed as "imprisoned" and not "killed".
- Universal Ammunition: Picking up dropped primary weapons gives your current weapon more ammo.
- Virtual Paper Doll: Alternate skins, accessories, hats, etc. means that it's possible to customize any character to your heart's content.
- Whip It Good: Implied to be a hobby of the Succubus version of the Sniper.
- You Always Hear the Bullet: Averted with a lethal hit on certain weapons, including Sniper Rifle's bullet, melee attack, etc.
- Zettai Ryouki: The Nurse has varying grades depending on which outfit she wears. (The default is knee-length.)
- Zombie Apocalypse: Now available as a game mode, where players can choose to be the humans or the zombies.