On the supposed big feud with the Backstreet Boys, they weren't personal rivals. You might be surprised, if you were (or still are) one of those fans who were pretty hardcore on the Fandom Rivalry. They had a Friendly Rivalry and are definitely friends...not that it stopped Justin from joking that Backstreet just didn't stand a chance after No Strings Attached was released.
- Howie and Chris attended Valencia Community College together and sang in the choir. It's believed that Chris originally auditioned for BSB, but Howie has clarified that it was a mutual acquaintance that initially joined BSB who was eventually dropped from the group and then attempted to form another group with Chris.
- Backstreet were the original performers booked for the Disney concert, but were forced to decline due to Brian undergoing surgery. *NSYNC stepped in, and the rest is history.
- Heck, JC even gave BSB a helping hand on their album, Unbreakable. He also wrote and produced "Teenage Wildlife" for AJ's own solo album.
- Lance and his fiance have attended Backstreet shows, and Lance once surprised AJ on a music discussion show where they poked fun at each other. Also this Instagram exchange.
- Nick has since joked that after watching the VMA reunion, he wished it was longer so they could re-ignite their Friendly Rivalry for fun and nostalgia's sake.
Nick: There was a part of me deep down inside that was almost disappointed. I'm like, bring back the rivalry. Let's do an *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys tour. Bring it on.
- On their 1997 For The Girl tour, they covered "Quit Playing Games With My Heart".
- AJ and Nick danced to "Tearin' Up My Heart".
- At the 2001 Teen Choice Awards, the boys were seen offering hugs and support to Nick, who was the only member of BSB in attendance, after it was announced that AJ was in rehab for addiction.
- Chris and Joey were at spotted at a karaoke bar singing "I Want It That Way".
- During a charity basketball game in Germany in 1997, the two groups were on opposing teams, so Lance was traded for AJ. (Hilariously enough, they're both admittedly the worst at the sport.)
- Chris attended Howie's wedding in 2007, and AJ attended Lance's wedding.
- This photo from Saturday Night Live's 40th anniversary events.