Shipper On Deck: Visual Novels
- Morenatsu has Amaki Tsukishiro, who actively ships Hiroyuki and Shin if you play Shin's route. Shin and Hiroyuki both deny everything, and Shin even tends to get mad at Amaki for doing it.
- Taiga Fujimura from Fate/stay night is this for Sakura/Shirou, which is mostly reading between the lines until the third story path. You know, Heaven's Feel... the depressing one.
- In the Fate route, Rin is a Shipper on Deck for Shirou/Saber, being completely supportive when Shirou decides to take Saber out on a date.
- Saber returns the favor in Unlimited Blade Works, swearing to protect Shirou and Rin in the final battle so they can both return alive.
- Higurashi: When They Cry can be a bit confusing when it comes to shipping.
- Rena Ryuugu is supportive of Mion Sonozaki's affections for Keiichi, despite explicitly also liking Keiichi. She also notes once how Satoko and Rika act like a married couple.
- Shion Sonozaki, Mion's twin sister, supports both her sister's affections for Keiichi, and Keiichi's affections for Rena.
- Satoko seems to be just fine with Shion's affections for Satoshi, though it's debatable whether she really notices it.
- Nurse Takano and Tomitake seem to ship Keiichi and Rena too.
- Ultimately, though, the series ends with no ships resolved. It makes sense, given that it is The Power of Friendship that finally lets the gang put an end to the endless tragedy.
- Katawa Shoujo has several cases:
Akira: You're a good kid, Hisao. When I said I approved of you being with my sister, I wasn't joking or just being nice. It's just unfortunate that doesn't really count for much in this world.
- If you (as Hisao) pick either Hanako or Lilly's route, the girl who's not chosen will support you trying to gain the other one's affections, each in their own ways. It may be a Matchmaker Crush in the case of Hanako, though it's not openly stated.
- Also, in Hanako's route, Miki will talk to Hisao at some point and wonder if he and Hanako are a couple or not. The reply you give her will make you either gain or lose points with Hanako, thus pushing you either to the Good, Bad or Neutral Endings.
- The Nurse will also support Hisao's interest in Emi in her route, due to his Inter Generational Friendship with both of them. Though he'll also remind Hisao about his meds...
- Rin also sorta supports Emi and Hisao in their route. At some point Emi and Hisao almost break up and they have a fight in the presence of Rin. She gets fed up and leaves the rooftop so they can discuss their matters and fix them up.
- Akira supports Hisao's relationship with her younger sister Lilly, in Lilly's route.
Lilly: (teasingly) Ah, so itís just friends is it? How disappointing.
- The biggest example is Misha, who shows shades of this in several routes:
- In the case of Hanako, she'll bring Shizune along. They'll ship it both because of cuteness (in Misha's case) and because they do care for Hanako, despite Shizune's difficulties with Lilly (because she's Hanako's Only Friend at first, they can't get to Hanako without seeing Lilly) and their huge workload.
- She will also voice her Hisao/Shizune shipping if you go through her best friend Shizune's route. Then it's subverted when you find out that this is more of a Matchmaker Crush... because Misha is in love with Shizune.
- She also grins widely after finding out that Hisao and Lilly are a couple, having refused to believe Hisao's claims that nothing out of the ordinary happened on their trip to Hokkaido.
- Finally, Misha also shows support of Hisao's relationship with Emi, should the player pursue her route. ("Young love is so unpredictable, isn't it~!"). And even more so: if you choose the wrong option and Hisao gets thrown outta Emi's house as a result, Misha will come to the rescue and openly force him face what he did. Like in Miki's case, getting either the Bad or the Good Ending depends on what you (as Hisao) reply to her. (This may include Shizune too, as it turns out that Shizune was the one who told her to go help Hisao in the first place.)
- Lilly also ships Hisao/Emi on her only post-Act 1 appearance in Emi's route.
- Most characters in Nanatsuiro Drops support Haru/Sumomo.
- Riko in A Profile is pretty forward about her desire to see her daughter hook up with her step son. Masayuki is slightly unnerved about the matter.
- In Umineko: When They Cry, Shannon ships Kanon / Jessica. In return, Jessica ships Shannon/George. Considering that later games heavily imply that Kanon and Shannon are the same person (which the manga confirms), it makes the earlier shipping scenes rather awkward in context.
- A couple of Little Busters! examples: Mio, as a Yaoi Fangirl, naturally ships Riki/Kyousuke, sighing with a smile when she hears how they used to hold hands when they were younger and telling him to treasure their friendship forever.
- Kyousuke, on the other hand, in an aversion of My Sister Is Off-Limits!, ships Riki/Rin, as he thinks that if the two of them are together they can achieve much more than if they're on their own.
- Masato and Kengo also come across like they ship Riki/Kyousuke at times - many of Kengo's Embarrassing Nicknames used in the fighting minigame tease them about their feelings for each other (e.g., both can get 'Honorary Member of the ____ Love Club', referring to one another), and while Masato is initially surprised when he hears that Rik might like Kyousuke, when Riki denies it, Masato says that's a shame as they'd make a good couple.
- Very, very darkly used in School Days. In one of Kotonoha's routes, a bunch of girls (Nanami, Hikari, Otome and Otome's Girl Posse) decide that Makoto is better off with the aforementioned girl's love rival Sekai (also a friend of them). What will they do to make sure Makoto will "choose the right girl"? Treat the "girl in between" like utter shit! Nanami and Hikari verbally threaten Koto at first, then help Otome and Co.'s already present bullying via spreading rumors about Koto beind a slutty "phromone girl", and then they tip off the Girl Posse so they can destroy a lunch that Kotonoha made with lots of effort for him. The results will be very different, depending on whether Makoto finds out or not, and none of them will be kind to Sekai - on one hand, if he finds out about this drama he'll go Tranquil Fury on the girls and cut all ties with Sekai since he thins she's the ringleader, then commit himself solely to Kotonoha; and on the other, if he does NOT find out, Kotonoha will massively snap on Sekai and give her a fatal case of Slashed Throat, in broad daylight and in front of Makoto.
- In a less dark manner, Sekai's mother Youko supports her daughter's affection for Makoto. Unless you make Makoto pursue her in the spin offs. Similarly, Kotonoha's mother Manami and little sister Kokoro ship Kotonoha/Makoto. Again, unless you make Makoto pursue them in the spin offs.
- In Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Pearl Fey ships Phoenix/Maya like mad. To the point where she'll slap poor Phoenix unconscious if it looks like he's being unfaithful to his "sweetheart". It's not that simple, however: Pearl ships Phoenix/Maya THAT hard because she has never seen a sucessful romance in all her short life, and in her child-like mindset she wants to make sure Maya will be happy.
- a2 ~a due~: In all the routes with good endings, it seems that the entire orchestra wants Hao and Sona to hook up. Somewhat understandable, as the two are very close by this point and are always spending time together.
French horn player: It's because you love us, don't you, Sona?Cello player: But not as much as you love Hao~.Sona: You're getting your face punched in first, just so you know.
- In True Love Junai Monogatari, if the MC pursues Arisa Miyoshi, Arisa's older brother/the MC's Bromantic Foil Kazuhiko will see this with good eyes and approve. It miiiight be a Matchmaker Crush from Kazuhiko towards the MC, but it depends on some events.