Transformers: The Ride
is a 3D dark ride that can be found at Universal Studios Hollywood, Florida, and Singapore
. Based directly off of the Transformers films
, the ride involves guests hopping aboard the Autobot EVAC to evacuate the last remaining shard of the AllSpark, which Megatron is once again after. The riders soon find themselves in a massive battle led by Optimus Prime to put an end to the Decepticons' grand scheme.
The ride first opened at Universal Studios Singapore on December 3rd, 2011 and later opened at Universal Studios Hollywood and Florida on May 24th, 2012 and June 20th, 2013, respectively.
Tropes shown in Transformers: The Ride include:
- 3-D Movie: Crossed with a dark ride and a simulator.
- Absentee Actor: With the exception of General Morshower, all of the human characters from the movies are absent here.
- Ass Kicking Pose: The Optimus statue in front of the ride is in this position.
- The Berserker: Optimus is this throughout.
- Big Bad: Megatron
- Big Damn Heroes: The Autobots make use of this trope repeatedly throughout the ride.
- NEST soldiers fighting alongside the Autobots.
- Big "NEVER!": Optimus when Megatron tells EVAC and the riders to "beg for mercy!"
- Big "NO!": Megatron does one just as he's being killed.
- Bullet Time: Done when Megatron fires at the riders but misses, and when EVAC shoots at Bonecrusher.
- Chekhov's Gun: The AllSpark shard.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Optimus beats the ever-lasting crap out of Megatron during their first battle.
- Defiant to the End: Optimus to Megatron, even when it looks as if the latter has beaten him.
- The Dragon: Starscream
- Evil Plan: Megatron's plot to use the AllSpark to turn all of Earth's technology into Decepticons.
- Humans Are Ugly: Said by Starscream as a taunt.
- Justin Time: Bumblebee just narrowly catching the riders in time.
- Karmic Death: Just like the first film, Megatron is yet again killed by the AllSpark.
- MacGuffin: The AllSpark shard, again.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: When Megatron takes fire at EVAC and the riders, he misses, creating a large hole in the wall, which gives EVAC the escape route he needed.
- Oh, Crap: Megatron suddenly landing in front of the riders in the finale, and when Megatron pulls the riders down with him off the building.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: "Autobots, roll out! I'VE GOT MEGATRON!!!" *slam*
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: "He wants the AllSpark? He can have it!"
- Railroad Tracks of Doom: One of Grindor's arms is broken off as a result of trying to attack the riders in a subway area.
- Rooftop Confrontation: Optimus and Megatron's final fight is set atop a building.
- Suicide Mission: What sending amateurs out to protect the AllSpark is, as lampshaded by Stallworth.
- Take Over the World: Megatron's plan, yet again.
- Taking You with Me: Just before Megatron is about to fall off a building, he grabs EVAC and the riders, pulling them down with him.
- Tired of Running: Lampshaded by EVAC as he dives in to finish off Megatron.
- Title: The Adaptation
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Sideswipe is last seen getting sucked into Devastator's vortex. The ride never makes it clear whether he was destroyed or made it out in time.