Video Game / Transformers Human Alliance
Transformers: Human Alliance
is a 2013 arcade from Sega
, co-produced by Hasbro
. It's based on the film franchise
as it uses its character designs.
In the game, you play two new character unrelated to the movies, Jay, a friend of Sam Witwicky, who unwittingly gets caught in the mess and Vanessa, an agent of NEST, as they help the Autobots combat the Decepticons and try to prevent them from taking over the Earth.
The game has you traveling with a Autobot as you shoot down enemy bot chasing you. As with previous title Let's Go Jungle!
, there are sections that prompt you to hit buttons at certain times or turn the gun to avoid attacks. Every so often the Autobot your with will engage in combat against a Decepticon and you must help them out by shooting the Deception enough that the Autobot can gain the upper hand. How well you do contributes to your ranking at the end of the fight.
The game can be found in the usual '42 version or the '55 theater version. Here's a playthrough of the game.
Transformers Human Alliance has the following tropes
- And the Adventure Continues: You beat Megatron, but he gets away while your dealing with dismantling his Energon tower and naturally Optimus vows to continue to fight the good fight.
- Attack Its Weakpoint: It's a Sega shooter, so standard hit the flashing marks before your attacked deal. The Autobot / Decepticon fights also work on this.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Considering your dealing with giant robots, this is a given.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: The dialogue starts falling apart by the final battle and ending. "Will I be written in history book?" "It is show time!" "Megatron will never let it go. The battle against Decepticons will continue. I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message that as if we Autobots are on the Earth for one day, Last drop of blood will be drained for protecting the human beings... ... against Decepticons!"
- Car Chase: A few sections here and there.
- Captain Obvious: Jay proclaiming "It's Bumblebee!" at the start of the first Autobot / Decepticon fight despite the fact they were riding in him not ten minutes ago!
- Light Gun Game: Of the mounted gun variety.
- Press X to Not Die: As stated it uses the system from the Let's Go... games and has sections where you must do this to avoid taking damage.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Whichever 2nd stage you pick, after beating the boss you find out they were merely a distraction so Megatron can begin his invasion of Chicago And even that is a distraction as he really set up his tower near the Alaskan/Canadian border where you go for a final showdown.