Episode - 4F01
First Aired - 12/15/1996After stealing Superintendent Chalmers' car emblem off his new Honda Accord, Nelson is sentenced to janitorial work. While Lisa is serving detention for snickering at Nelson spraying Groundskeeper Willie with a hose, she becomes fascinated with and develops a crush on the bully. Meanwhile, Homer takes an autodialer that was recently used in a telemarketing scam and creates a telemarketing scam of his own.YMMV tropes can be found here.
- 555: This occurs when Homer demonstrates the autodialer for Marge.
- Actually Pretty Funny:Skinner: I'll tell you something that's not so funny. Right now, Superintendant Chalmers is at home crying like a little girl. (Among the subsequent laughter of the students, he chuckles.) I guess it is a little funny.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Explored in this episode, with Lisa coming to the conclusion that what she had with Nelson was an infatuation, and that it would never work out, no matter how much she tries to change him.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Poor Milhouse
- A Lesson Learned Too Well: Homer pays his debt to society from his telemarketing scam... with another telemarketing scam."Hello, this is Homer Simpson, a.k.a. Happy Dude. The court has ordered me to call every person in town to apologize for my telemarketing scam. I'm sorry. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me, send one dollar to Sorry Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield. You have the power."
- Ambulance Cut: Milhouse passes Lisa's note to Nelson, and when he reads it and looks back, Milhouse waffles his eyebrows. Cut to paramedics wheeling an unconscious Milhouse into an ambulance.
- A Rare Sentence: When Bart finds out that Lisa has invited Nelson over to their house as a friend.Bart: I'll probably never say this to you again, but... you can do better!
- A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery Inside an Enigma: Lisa describes Nelson as "like a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a vest".
- Bad Cop/Incompetent Cop: Chief Wiggum and his handling of the telemarketing fraud perpetuated by Jimmy the Scumbag ... and later Homer Simpson.
- Bait and Switch: It appears Chief Wiggum has tracked down Nelson and shot him ("Chief, no!"), but it turns out he was actually taking out Homer's autodialer, and Wiggum has no idea where Nelson is.
- When Milhouse is carted off to the hospital, one of the paramedics tells Lisa, "[Milhouse] can't hear you now..." making viewers think Milhouse died, before adding, "We had to pack his ears with gauze."
- Big "NO!": Skinner's reaction to Nelson's Noodle Incident listed below.
- First Kiss: Nelson's "Shut Up" Kiss turns out to be this for Lisa.
- I Can Change My Beloved: Discussed; played straight with Marge and Homer (Marge insists that she has changed Homer, despite the evidence that he's still an often-inconsiderate slob) and averted with Lisa and Nelson (Lisa comes to realize that she could never change Nelson).
- Lead In: Homer's subplot begins with him attempting to shoplift by trying to disguise candy as sprinkles on a self-serve donut.
- Noodle Incident: Who knows what Nelson left in the bird bath after the attack on Skinner at his home?
- Knowing Nelson, he probably used it as a toilet.
- Not Me This Time: Skinner's search for the H from Chalmers' Honda naturally begins with Bart.
- Pet the Dog: Nelson actually does help Lisa with the line's punishment.
- Really Seventeen Years Old: Kearney yelling at Superintendent Chalmers and Principal Skinner to get away from his car (in yet another example of Kearney being older than he looks)
- Shout-Out: The title refers to Back to the Future, when George McFly introduces himself to Lorraine Baines as her "density", fixing it to "destiny".
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Nelson gives Lisa one, and ends up liking it.
- Spit Take: Lisa confesses to Milhouse that she has a crush, leading Milhouse to drink milk suavely before she finishes, "...on Nelson." Milhouse proceeds to spit milk back into the carton, ruining it with force.Nelson: Way to drink, poindexter!
- Tempting Fate: Defied when Skinner gets hit in the face with a dozen eggs after looking in Bart's locker."Rather than tempt fate, I'll just move along."