Lisa takes up ballet and becomes addicted to the secondhand smoke from the other dancers; Homer and Bart meet a family of raccoons that have eaten Homer's beef jerky stash.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: After the dancers desperately look for stuff that could be used as cigarette replacements, Lisa makes a speech against a horrible addiction: ballet.
- Ballet Episode
- Circle of Shame: Comic Book Guy in line waiting in line for the Angelina Button book release.
- Must Have Nicotine: The ballet dancers when they lose their cigarettes.
- Overprotective Dad: Homer's reaction to Lisa almost smoking is to shoot the cigarette several times.
- Retroactive Wish: While having sex with his lover, Mayor Quimby prays for a cigarette. Right after that, the cigarettes Homer and Lisa stole from the dancers and threw away land on him. He then thanks the Lord and offers one to the lover, who refuses because she's pregnant. Mayor Quimby then asks the Lord for another favor.
- Rule of Three: Marge has three stethoscopes at home. One is from her childhood dream of becoming a doctor; one is from she dreamed of being a safe cracker; and the third is from when she dreamed about being a stethoscope salesperson.
- Stage Mom: Marge encourages Lisa to take ballet in order to fulfill her dream of being a ballet dancer.
- Wile E Coyoteand The Road Runner: The couch gag.